Local College Thread

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

9 hours ago, cavalieratmosphere said:

I've got a couple of 2017 football schedules for the local MEC teams. How do you think they will do in the upcoming season?

2017 UVA-Wise Schedule

2017 Concord Schedule

What's up with all these Thursday night games? I get one or two, but four?

• 2 weeks later...

As if Bluefield didn't suck enough already, now they have Dewey Lusk as coach, which was like throwing gasoline on an already out of control raging fire.

ETSU is still expected to struggle.  (picked next to last in the SoCon by Street & Smith's)

Wise has me excited again after getting rid of Lusk and making a great hire in Damron.  Hopefully they will continue their ascension to the upper tier of MEC teams.

Don't really know anything about Concord except they're a MEC rival of Wise.

E&H will contend for the ODAC title, just don't know if they can get over Randolph-Macon or not.

• 1 month later...

ETSU picked 8th of 9 in both the SoCon preseason polls (Coaches & Media)

UVA-Wise was picked 4th out of 11 in the MEC preseason poll, while Concord was picked 9th.

E&H was chosen to win the ODAC conference title.

Edited by cavalieratmosphere
Added Emory and Henry's ODAC preseason poll result

• 2 months later...

On 11/12/2017 at 5:34 AM, cavalieratmosphere said:

UVA-Wise ends their season 5-6 (4-6 in the MEC).

Emory & Henry ends their season 3-7 (1-5 in the ODAC).

Bluefield ends their season 6-5 (4-2 in the Mid-South)

What happened to E&H? Chosen to win the conference to finish with a single conference victory?

11 hours ago, Dick_Vitale said:

What happened to E&H? Chosen to win the conference to finish with a single conference victory?

After the meltdown loss to Ferrum to open the season, it only snowballed downhill from there.  They have the talent, but much like UVA-Wise during the Lusk era, not the coaching.

If I were the AD, E&H's coach would've been gone after the Ferrum game.  Totally inexcusable how they lost that game.

Strange thing is, one of their three victories was over Washington & Lee who wound up winning the ODAC and getting the automatic bid into the D3 playoffs.  They face Mount Union in round 1.  Not what I would call a reward for W&L.

• 4 months later...

Congrats to a former Richlands BLUES football player... an outstanding student and young man.

Kevin Mays Retweeted

UVa-Wise Football @UVaWise_FB

Ladies and Gentlemen, your new UVA-Wise Chancellor for the day is Offensive Lineman Landon Mance! Doing us proud in the big chair! #GoCavsGo

DY1jVDaWsAAeMVE.jpg

great state

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

14 hours ago, cavalieratmosphere said:

Not off to a great start in Wise. They trail Glenville St. 14-0 with 2:26 left in the 2nd quarter.

...and they fall 17-7.

Yeah... they didn't look good at all.  Duverger is the only playmaker they have.  I think you're being very optimistic in saying they'll finish 5-5.