Local College Thread

19 hours ago, cavalieratmosphere said:

...and it looks like Wise is back to being a bottom feeder team. They just lost to WV State 33-12

Wise needs new leadership from top to bottom. Their AD is a joke with zero experience or connections. She makes terrible hiring decisions. I'm not sure the President puts any emphasis on athletics either. They really need to remove all of their head coaches in basketball and baseball and start from scratch. 

3 hours ago, Widespread_Panic said:

Wise needs new leadership from top to bottom. Their AD is a joke with zero experience or connections. She makes terrible hiring decisions. I'm not sure the President puts any emphasis on athletics either. They really need to remove all of their head coaches in basketball and baseball and start from scratch. 

Not sure that the AD has been around for even a year, so I'm not frustrated yet. I'm guessing that the emphasis right now for the college is academics and economic development, which is admirable and ultimately should be the forefront of the college. 

22 hours ago, Widespread_Panic said:

18 hours ago, cavalieratmosphere said:

Not sure that the AD has been around for even a year, so I'm not frustrated yet. I'm guessing that the emphasis right now for the college is academics and economic development, which is admirable and ultimately should be the forefront of the college. 

I really think that the move to the SAC next year will benefit them.  The MEC is just a killer conference in all sports.  One of the top D2 conferences in the nation.

Kevin Mays @kevmays

And back comes UVa-Wise with a 70-yard TD run by Jamorya Cousin's (Graham) first TD of his college career. 3:32 to play in the 3rd, UVa-Wise 21, Concord 14. @tnsportslive

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports

Jamorya Cousin (Graham) is the first @UVaWiseCavs RB with back-to-back 100-yard games since Carlton Griffith in 2014. #HCFC #NCAAD2 #MEC

Kevin Mays @kevmays
Touchdown Cavaliers. Von Purvis with an 18-yard TD run puts the cap on the game for UVa-Wise. Cavaliers lead Concord 35-20 with 1:52 left in the contest @tnsportslive

Kevin Mays @kevmays
Final, Uva-Wise 35, Concord 20 @tnsportslive

great state

More  stats for UVA-Wise game today...

The @UVaWiseCavs have a 285-82 edge in total offense, but trail Concord at the half. Four turnovers, Seven penalties for 80 yards is why the Cavs are behind. #NCAAD2 #MEC #HCFC

Cameron Fannon (Union) has three tackles, while Mark Large (Graham) has one catch for eight yards for Concord. #NCAAD2 #MEC #HCFC

Jake Barnett (Union) has 4 catches for 30 yards for @UVaWiseCavs. True freshman QB Tanner Bernard (Brookville) is 16-of-22 for 178 yards, 1 TD. #HCFC #NCAAD2 #MEC

great state

• 3 weeks later...

On 10/13/2018 at 5:04 PM, cavalieratmosphere said:

Seems like Wise is starting to turn it around. They've won back-to-back games and are now 3-4 on the season

In addition, ETSU just defeated the Citadel to go to 6-1.

ETSU has Wofford on Saturday in a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE game in Spartanburg.  Winner most likely wins the SoCon and gets an automatic bid to the FCS playoffs.

18 hours ago, Hokie101 said:

All of ETSU's Socon wins are by 3 each game.  Wins are wins and if they could get a bid into the playoffs in the new coaches first year that would be amazing.

Yeah, I saw the SoCon standings yesterday and didn't even realize that Wofford lost pretty handily to Furman Saturday.  If ETSU can get Wofford, they in essence have a 2 game advantage over everyone except Mercer who they haven't played yet.