Taymon Cooke...

GMan

Awesome.  From what I am hearing, he has had several D 1 Schools showing interest.  Lot of eyes on the G-Men this season.

With College scouts in the stands, some of the other athletes have a chance to get recognized as well.  

1 hour ago, futbolking said:

Found out that Cooke ran a 4.40  40 yard dash at a developmental camp in Charlotte back in March.  Ran the fastest time of nearly 400 kids at camp.

Has 3 D -1 Offers currently.

Received another offer from Campbell University this week.  D1 FCS 

13 hours ago, futbolking said:

Found out that Cooke ran a 4.40  40 yard dash at a developmental camp in Charlotte back in March.  Ran the fastest time of nearly 400 kids at camp.

Has 3 D -1 Offers currently.

That'd be quite impressive, considering his previous best official clocked time was 4.70...

10 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

That'd be quite impressive, considering his previous best official clocked time was 4.70...

I thought the blue-grey combine site had him around a 4.45 - 4.5 from last spring? 

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

in 3rd grade maybe... I find it hard to believe that his best official time was 4.70.  Must have ran backwards that day.

4 hours ago, EH31 said:

I thought the blue-grey combine site had him around a 4.45 - 4.5 from last spring? 

Pretty sure that isn't electronic and doesn't account for wind-aided times.  A certain FBS school in Montgomery County used those tactics for years to crow about how their recruits could run the 40 in elite-level time.

12 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Pretty sure that isn't electronic and doesn't account for wind-aided times.  A certain FBS school in Montgomery County used those tactics for years to crow about how their recruits could run the 40 in elite-level time.

Fortunately, it's UVA that's recruiting him then.  I don't need a clock to see that he can fly.  

He ran faster than nearly 400 kids at this last camp, I assume they all used the same system. Not sure why all the doubt about his speed.  If you have an eyeball in your head, you can see it.   As a Graham fan, I for one am excited for him. 

29 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Aw, did I hurt its feewings?

Your batting average has been awfully low these last few weeks.  Take a break, champ.

If you're talking about Cooke running a 4.40 and the FACT that THS has a willing donor to put in turf and revamp the stadium, then I like my batting average.  Sure hope he doesn't choose UVA though, that would suck.

See Link Below.  Cooke was #88 in Red.  

https://files.armssoftware.com/1537735/3de545a26a9b

46 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Aw, did I hurt its feewings?

Your batting average has been awfully low these last few weeks.  Take a break, champ.

It'll take me a while, but I"ll be fine.  Believe me, I have much more pressing concerns in my life right now then worrying about you one-upping me.  As for the UVA bashing, that should come with the territory here.  I have been given plenty of grief for being a WVU fan.

Have a good day, sir.

Since I've apparently released the Kracken...

A 4.40 electronic, non wind-aided, official time would put a recruit in the Top 10 of his position (in the entire nation).  A recruit who has historically run official times in the 4.7 range, and who has run in the 4.5s in non-official sprints, isn't suddenly going to be ripping off 4.40 readings in an official time trial.  If he ran an official 4.40, he would have a Hell of a lot more than 2 commitable offers.

i an higher than most on T. Cooke.  You can teach hands, and you can teach tackling and reading routes, but you cannot teach his shiftiness and elusiveness.  He has D-1 "football speed", if the measurables don't bear that out.  I think he projects better as a CB/FS, and I think he could be a decent D-1 contributor at the lower FBS level.  See: Ponder, Ansel.

But can we PRETTY FREAKING PLEASE stop falling into the trap of over-inflating expectation and measurables for local boys for the simple fact that they are local boys?!

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Since I've apparently released the Kracken...

A 4.40 electronic, non wind-aided, official time would put a recruit in the Top 10 of his position (in the entire nation).  A recruit who has historically run official times in the 4.7 range, and who has run in the 4.5s in non-official sprints, isn't suddenly going to be ripping off 4.40 readings in an official time trial.  If he ran an official 4.40, he would have a Hell of a lot more than 2 commitable offers.

i an higher than most on T. Cooke.  You can teach hands, and you can teach tackling and reading routes, but you cannot teach his shiftiness and elusiveness.  He has D-1 "football speed", if the measurables don't bear that out.  I think he projects better as a CB/FS, and I think he could be a decent D-1 contributor at the lower FBS level.  See: Ponder, Ansel.

But can we PRETTY FREAKING PLEASE stop falling into the trap of over-inflating expectation and measurables for local boys for the simple fact that they are local boys?!

Nowhere did I say it was an official time.  Nowhere have I said he was an elite athlete.  Fortunately, you have come along and put a negative spin on something that I was trying to put out there as a positive thing.  He performed well at a Developmental camp and ran a 4.40 end of story and he has some D 1 offers on the table. Take it for what it's worth.  If you want to be a big skeptic and burst everybody's bubble, far be it from me to shed some positive light on something.

I have a special request for G-Man.  Please drop the hammer on me.  I'll support my team where I always have, up in the stands EVERY friday night for the past 42 years.  I hardly if ever see some of you so called fans grace the place with your presence.  Even when I lived 4 hours away, I made it to a few games each year.  Bicker amongst yourselves.  As mentioned before, I have a lot more pressing things to worry about.  I enjoy positive banter, if I wanted to argue with folks, I would have stayed as a member of Virginia Preps.  Go piss in somebody elses lemonade.

Also, see you on the turf at THS in a couple seasons.

8 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

A certain FBS school in Montgomery County used those tactics for years to crow about how their recruits could run the 40 in elite-level time.

Yet they've beaten UVA how many straight times???  Hell, I've lost count and can't exactly remember the last time that FBS school in Montgomery County lost to UVA-C...fake time or not, your school needs all the help it can get...

45 minutes ago, GMan said:

Yet they've beaten UVA how many straight times???  Hell, I've lost count and can't exactly remember the last time that FBS school in Montgomery County lost to UVA-C...fake time or not, your school needs all the help it can get...

It isn't exactly a challenge to beat UVA.  Doesn't mean that VTU hasn't lied for decades about their recruits' 40 times.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...