Campbell

East Carolina

James Madison

Morgan State

Richmond

Virginia

UVA-Wise

West Virginia

Interesting that Tech is late to the party on him. But some people I've talked to in Bluefield said grades might be an issue. But Virginia did offer so who knows

1 hour ago, GustheGuesser said:

According to Rivals Cooke has offers from

Campbell

East Carolina

James Madison

Morgan State

Richmond

Virginia

UVA-Wise

West Virginia

Interesting that Tech is late to the party on him. But some people I've talked to in Bluefield said grades might be an issue. But Virginia did offer so who knows

Everyone is late to the party.  He's received most of those offers in the past three weeks...more to come...and don't worry about grades...

This is a not entirely true. And I'm not knocking Virginia, but I remember Herman Moore didn't qualify at Virginia Tech but he did qualify at Virginia. Schools have different core class requirements. And certain conferences have different rules for non-qualifiers. NCAA just sets up the guidelines 

5 hours ago, GustheGuesser said:

This is a not entirely true. And I'm not knocking Virginia, but I remember Herman Moore didn't qualify at Virginia Tech but he did qualify at Virginia. Schools have different core class requirements. And certain conferences have different rules for non-qualifiers. NCAA just sets up the guidelines 

VT was on NCAA probation when Herman Moore committed to UVA, so I'm not entirely convinced it was a matter of grades that dissuaded him from VT.  :)

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

VT was on NCAA probation when Herman Moore committed to UVA, so I'm not entirely convinced it was a matter of grades that dissuaded him from VT.  :)

To be honest I had forgotten all the details  surrounding Moore's recruitment.  And you are right I'm sure Virginia Tech being on probation with limited scholarships played a role in them not offering Moore.  And that he is probably the real reason they didn't offer him before his SAT score. 

From the LA Times 

October 9, 1990

Gene Wojciechowski 

"The Moores weren't considered national-caliber recruits. Virginia got Herman Moore because Virginia Tech wouldn't commit a scholarship to him until he scored high enough on his Scholastic Aptitude Tests. When the Cavaliers said they would offer him a scholarship no matter the outcome, Herman became a Virginia convert. Shortly thereafter, he scored well enough on the SATs. Sorry Hokies.

"Virginia was willing to take a chance," Moore said.

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, Gunz9 said:

He ran the 40 in 4.37 at Tech yesterday.  2nd fastest time behind Coleton Beck from Blacksburg who ran in 4.29!

Cue my retort about it not being electronically timed or non-wind aided.  Cue a second retort about how VT-measured times are historically very suspect and inaccurate to the point where other ACC member institutions joke about their recruits' 4.4 time being a 3.9 time in Blacksburg.

Cue my disclaimer that this does not mean that both of these young men are not extremely fast human beings.  Cue my further explanation that both of these young men are exceptional athletes, in particular Beck, whose state championship sprints put him among the best high school sprinters in the history of the VHSL.

Nevertheless, cue my explanation that a legitimate 4.29 would put him sniffing a 10.00-flat in the 100m, which is world-class time, and would certainly all but end his football-playing days, as every major university and USTF would be beating his door down to come run 100m for them.

Cue my conclusion that it is more likely that Beck ran in accordance with his 10.41 100m mark set this year, which would put him in the high 4.3 range.  Cue my secondary conclusion that Cooke's likely time would be around the high 4.4 range if timed legitimately.  Cue my final sentence, where I would implore the reader to read my second paragraph several more times before throwing shade or accusing me of hating.

Cooke ran a 4.37 a couple weeks ago at a camp down south that was electronically timed.  And do you really think VT has invested in electronic timers by now???  LOL  Beamer ain't the ball coach anymore...

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I'm not so sure they will offer to be honest...D1 football is about more than just being fast

And where will he play in college is the big question

I'm not sure they'll offer him either but I'd argue he's definitely worth the offer. 3 star RB ranked in the top 10 in the state of VA by 247 

51 minutes ago, EH31 said:

I'm not sure they'll offer him either but I'd argue he's definitely worth the offer. 3 star RB ranked in the top 10 in the state of VA by 247 

Going after higher rated players than him...I've seen him a few times and to me he don't look very tough...fast as lightning but not very tough....same thing I saw in Seth Dooley from glenvar a few years ago...just my opinion though

And I just can't see him playing RB at the D1 level and I mean ACC and such