Players from your team to watch for this upcoming season?

Ray

Should be interesting to see how Coach Reed and Co. fill the holes in an Abingdon team that graduated a plethora of talented players.  Replacing a 2 time all state QB has to be the #1 priority.  Abingdon has a really strong class of incoming Juniors this year, led by #41 William Seymore. If they can gel early and settle in they should be fine.   

1 hour ago, Falcon Mania said:

Should be interesting to see how Coach Reed and Co. fill the holes in an Abingdon team that graduated a plethora of talented players.  Replacing a 2 time all state QB has to be the #1 priority.  Abingdon has a really strong class of incoming Juniors this year, led by #41 William Seymore. If they can gel early and settle in they should be fine.   

Replacing Sturgill will be tough for sure.

The obvious response for Union is the team's senior tight end, number 82, James Mitchell.  He's about 6'5"/220 and currently anchors the Bears 4X100 relay team.  But the squad from Big Stone Gap/Appalachia will have many other talented football players.  I offer the names of five Union players I plan to watch carefully for big performances this year: 16 Bailey Turner 6'0"/190 QB, 17 Dakota Owens 6'0"/190 RB, 23 Brice Lane 6'0"/200 MLB,  50 Jeb Stidham 6'4"/295 T, & 80 Justin Falin 6'2"/200 WR.

20 hours ago, Ray said:

Abingdon did lose a slew of players- any transfers for them so far? 

None that I have heard of.  Someone may have moved to Abingdon since November but there is no talk about any new kids.  Like I stated before there is a very talented group of rising juniors that will likely fill spots.  There is also a quite a bit of talent in the rising freshman and sophomore class.

• 4 weeks later...

On 5/26/2017 at 3:43 PM, thevols said:

I thought the  starting QB  from Honaker was transferring to Abingdon?

yeah  though that the hyton kid was supposed to be transferring.. anybody know if he did?