Blues hits

Newberry--double and 2 run homerun

Earls--2 doubles and single

Crawford--single

Osborne--3 singles

Staten--2 singles

Short--single

Stevenson--double

She's the only starter. In softball, there aren't pitch rules since the underhand motion doesn't put any strain on your arm. 19-2 as a freshman, and 254 Ks in 21 games is impressive. 

Sydney Nester from Carroll pitched 18 innings last night against Loudon.  She struck out 21, walked none and allowed 10 hits while throwing 225 pitches.  So, yeah, no pitching rules for softball!  

Sydney is crazy good though and only a junior.  She has a career record of 55-1 with an era of 0.55.  

She has signed with NC State.

I said it on the Chatbox, but I'm fully convinced that one could create a strong D1 program exclusively of players from SWVA.  We as a geographic location don't do very much competitive athletically on a national scale, but we do churn out softball players like our lives depend on it. Just look over the years at Tazewell, Richlands, Honaker, and Galax, among others.

3 hours ago, sixcat said:

Sydney Nester from Carroll pitched 18 innings last night against Loudon.  She struck out 21, walked none and allowed 10 hits while throwing 225 pitches.  So, yeah, no pitching rules for softball!  

Sydney is crazy good though and only a junior.  She has a career record of 55-1 with an era of 0.55.  

She has signed with NC State.

Dam, my bad.  According to the Carroll News, she threw 251 pitches!

On 5/30/2017 at 0:41 PM, UVAObserver said:

I said it on the Chatbox, but I'm fully convinced that one could create a strong D1 program exclusively of players from SWVA.  We as a geographic location don't do very much competitive athletically on a national scale, but we do churn out softball players like our lives depend on it. Just look over the years at Tazewell, Richlands, Honaker, and Galax, among others.

And the small colleges are taking some national leaps as well because of it.  Although they didnt advance to the World Series UVA-Wise and E&H both got at large bids in the D2 and D3 tourney and Wise had the opportunity to host.  Softball talent is abundant in our area and will only continue to get better. 

Richlands (20-2) beat James River 7-1 & Lebanon beat Gretna 4-1. 

It'll ah all-SWD matchup for the 2A West title tomorrow at 5pm at Tazewell. 

Madison Co (23-1) will play Goochland (20-2) in the 2A East final. 

All four teams are headed to Radford next Friday. Should be a dandy. 

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I was wondering the same.  I think at least 1 was to Lebanon, maybe both.

edit:  Nope, Richlands and Lebanon only played once with Richlands winning 4-2 according to the BHC.

I was wondering if Lebanon had beat Richlands myself. Defending State Champs, would be nice to see the Lady Blues knock the Pioneers off the top.

Nope. They beat Lebanon 4-2 in the only matchup. 

I believe the two losses were to Abingdon on the first night of the season, and a loss to a big NC school in the tournament they played in. 

22 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

I was wondering if Lebanon had beat Richlands myself. Defending State Champs, would be nice to see the Lady Blues knock the Pioneers off the top.

Surprisingly enough, Ridgeview actually split with Lebanon this year.  We beat Lebanon the second time around and actually were in control to win the CMC regular season, then we only won like one game the rest of the season after that.