The Bluefield Beavers

GHS89

Just basing my opinion off the season the Beavers had last year, I see them winning 6 games this year maybe. It's rare to see Bluefield have an off year like last year because there is that saying of Bluefield doesn't rebuild, they reload. I am not sure who is returning or who they lost but if the team is anything like they were last year, especially having a tougher schedule this year in my opinion, 5-6 wins for Bluefield is what I see for this upcoming season. Hope I am wrong because every year after that first game I wish them well and hope they win the rest.

1 hour ago, bgibb said:

Just basing my opinion off the season the Beavers had last year, I see them winning 6 games this year maybe. It's rare to see Bluefield have an off year like last year because there is that saying of Bluefield doesn't rebuild, they reload. I am not sure who is returning or who they lost but if the team is anything like they were last year, especially having a tougher schedule this year in my opinion, 5-6 wins for Bluefield is what I see for this upcoming season. Hope I am wrong because every year after that first game I wish them well and hope they win the rest.

Was talking with some people who know the program last night and they said it's Mookie and a bunch of unknowns. They said 5-5 would be a good year. 

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Was talking with some people who know the program last night and they said it's Mookie and a bunch of unknowns. They said 5-5 would be a good year. 

So are you confirming he won't be transferring to richlands? 

25 minutes ago, EH31 said:

So are you confirming he won't be transferring to richlands? 

I get asked that daily. He's not coming. He never was even that close to coming when it was "serious" last year. 

Hes a Beaver. 

15 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I get asked that daily. He's not coming. He never was even that close to coming when it was "serious" last year. 

Hes a Beaver. 

I had to a throw it out there. It's June 22 and there's no transfer rumors... it's been a boring offseason so far 

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/22/2017 at 10:23 PM, GustheGuesser said:

Truck and Juice are still there and now so is Cooper the kid from Graham. 

Cooper kid left Graham last year...he came back to the area and decided to go to Bluefield (his mom went to Bluefield)...

Bluefield may have 2 firsts in this decade.  The first is the topic of discussion.  The Beavers may very well not win a state title this decade.  The second is one often not though of, and that is......they will lose for the first time in history to Graham for 3 years in a row.  Someone would have to check that, but to my knowledge, Graham has never beat Bluefield 3 years in a row.  This decade may very well be the first for that to occur as Graham will be a heavy favorite this year and likely a winner by a big margin.  That leaves next year, 2018 as a monumental and potentially incredible year for Graham if they can get 3 wins in a row, and a first in the history of the series. 

16 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

Bluefield may have 2 firsts in this decade.  The first is the topic of discussion.  The Beavers may very well not win a state title this decade.  The second is one often not though of, and that is......they will lose for the first time in history to Graham for 3 years in a row.  Someone would have to check that, but to my knowledge, Graham has never beat Bluefield 3 years in a row.  This decade may very well be the first for that to occur as Graham will be a heavy favorite this year and likely a winner by a big margin.  That leaves next year, 2018 as a monumental and potentially incredible year for Graham if they can get 3 wins in a row, and a first in the history of the series. 

You have to win two in a row before you can win three in a row...

• 4 months later...

48 minutes ago, GHS89 said:

I started this thread long ago. It seems an appropriate bump tonight. So happy for this bunch. 

I have been watching this thread for the past few months and have been wanting to bump it but didn't want to jinx the Beavers. Great season!

33 minutes ago, EH31 said:

#3 play on sportscenter 

Rewatching this I noticed something. 55 for Fairmont Senior is their stud defensive player who is going to WVU. Yet, he stood and watched Edwards bouncing off people and never attempted to get in on the play. He probably could’ve made the tackle in my opinion when Truck was bouncing back inside, but made no effort at all.