The Bluefield Beavers

GHS89

50 minutes ago, Suit Up said:

Rewatching this I noticed something. 55 for Fairmont Senior is their stud defensive player who is going to WVU. Yet, he stood and watched Edwards bouncing off people and never attempted to get in on the play. He probably could’ve made the tackle in my opinion when Truck was bouncing back inside, but made no effort at all.

Yup that's something he will get chewed out for at the next level. In his defense though it seemed as if half the players on the field were just standing, watching in amazement. Shell shocked by Trucks run lol

9 minutes ago, BHS03 said:

Yup that's something he will get chewed out for at the next level. In his defense though it seemed as if half the players on the field were just standing, watching in amazement. Shell shocked by Trucks run lol

Yea a few guys were just watching, but I thought he had the best shot at making a play from the position he was in. As a fan, I appreciate effort and heart a hell of a lot more than pure talent, and I didn’t see it there, other than that which Edwards showed refusing to go down.

Just watched the post-game interview with Mookie Collier.  Addressed the media as "Sir" , spoke of God's blessings and praise for his team.  Impressive young man both on and off the field.

http://wvmetronews.com/2017/12/01/bluefield-captures-11th-football-title-in-classic-over-fairmont-sr/

2 hours ago, Suit Up said:

Rewatching this I noticed something. 55 for Fairmont Senior is their stud defensive player who is going to WVU. Yet, he stood and watched Edwards bouncing off people and never attempted to get in on the play. He probably could’ve made the tackle in my opinion when Truck was bouncing back inside, but made no effort at all.

Can't get "Trucked" if you don't attempt to make the tackle..1l16cw.jpg

37 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Just watched the post-game interview with Mookie Collier.  Addressed the media as "Sir" , spoke of God's blessings and praise for his team.  Impressive young man both on and off the field.

http://wvmetronews.com/2017/12/01/bluefield-captures-11th-football-title-in-classic-over-fairmont-sr/

You'd be hard pressed to find a kid as good as Mookie Collier these days. He's someone who truly deserves every good thing that comes his way. 

Hopefully he doesn't get snubbed for the Kennedy award. 

• 7 months later...

I thought the following stats deserved to be posted for all to see...outstanding job Beavers

Dave Morrison @sddsports

Bluefield rushed for 4,620 yards in 2017. Take out Kennedy Award winner Mookie Collier’s 2,234 and Bluefield’s 2,386 was still more than 12 of 21 other area teams. Truck Edwards had 1,148. Juice Edwards 361, J.J. Davis 293. #OLineCredit   #wvprepfb

I don't see a school from WV beating the Beavers this year. Graham, Richlands, and Lord Botetourt have the best chances to win against the Beavers but still it will be tough. Hearing that the defense should be scary good this year. They have a pretty good shot of going back to back even with the Mookie and Truck now gone. I have said it before and I will say it again, Bluefield doesn't rebuild, they reload.