Union @ J.I. Burton

Unionguy_2017

3 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

The offense seems like it's running in slow motion. Nevertheless, it's effective. 

I disagree. I think they are jus running it at will without having to get too exotic or show too much. I'm impressed by Zirkle,12, who has ran the ball very well. He looks much better so far than he did last year as a runner IMO. 

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

I disagree. I think they are jus running it at will without having to get too exotic or show too much. I'm impressed by Zirkle,12, who has ran the ball very well. He looks much better so far than he did last year as a runner IMO. 

What I'm saying is the screens and tosses are taking awhile to get set up. Agree about Zirkle!

1 minute ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

About par for the course. I figured Union would hang more than 35 on them though. 

From what I listened to they started subbing once they went up 35 and the back ups couldn't hold onto the ball. 

3 minutes ago, EH31 said:

From what I listened to they started subbing once they went up 35 and the back ups couldn't hold onto the ball. 

I don't remember exactly when Union started subbing. They would sub here and there before they actually put the entire 2s in. Either way, yes the 2nd string had problems with fumbling and snaps. 

Overall, I think Union played great after they settled in. The line looked pretty good. Who knows if burton had a lot to do with that or if they found something. 35-0 is much closer than the game actually was. 

I'm glad I didn't waste my time heading up after work for this one. I figured Union would put together a drive to start the 3rd and then pull starters, sounds like what happened. Plus I'm sure Union didn't show too much since it was JIB and it wasn't needed. 35-0 is still a blowout. 

Any win is a good win I suppose but I felt like Union could have played better. I honestly feel like we didn't show all of what we had. The running game looks good but o line still needs work. I don't think Turner looked his best, he made a few good throws but I totally agree with a statement above that he seemed to be in slow motion on screens and short passes. Defense looked good but Burton wasn't much of a test. Kicking game looks solid, and for goodness sakes the kids name is Falin..lol

All in all a decent start but I think we are better than we showed. Poor Burton may win the Cumberland but it's not because they are loaded. 

8 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Yes I TOTALLY agree with that. Turner really has to work on getting the ball out quicker on the shorter timing plays. 

I'm not sure what it was with him tonight. I don't want it to seem like I'm hating on him, because I'm not. But it just seemed like he was in practice tonight taking his time and everything. With the talent he has that is so frustrating. 

8 minutes ago, GoBearsGo said:

Any win is a good win I suppose but I felt like Union could have played better. I honestly feel like we didn't show all of what we had. The running game looks good but o line still needs work. I don't think Turner looked his best, he made a few good throws but I totally agree with a statement above that he seemed to be in slow motion on screens and short passes. Defense looked good but Burton wasn't much of a test. Kicking game looks solid, and for goodness sakes the kids name is Falin..lol

All in all a decent start but I think we are better than we showed. Poor Burton may win the Cumberland but it's not because they are loaded. 

something seemed off mentally tonight. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it was since they were playing Burton. I think things will Ramp up when the Blue Tornado come to town.