Union @ J.I. Burton

Unionguy_2017

Anyone think there's anything interesting to look forward to here? Union has some offensive line questions that need to be answered, but I don't see anyway there will be any issues for the Bears on Thursday night. The score will depend on how long it takes Union to call off the dogs. 

Union- 48

Burton - 8

Playing in the Cumberland should be good enough for the Raiders to win 5-6 this year. If they were elsewhere 2-8. Not knocking them but Jimbo has lost some good ballplayers,and the Raiders are certainly down this year. Union by whatever they want

Last season, Burton gave Union a run for their money until around midway through the third quarter. The offense played a bit of keep away to keep Union's offense off the field. It worked until midway through the third. The score was 14-13 in favor of Union at that point. Then Burton got winded and Union's defense began to impose their will on Burton. Final score was 54-13. 

This game will be more or less the same shellacking Union has handed to Burton the past few seasons. 

Union 49, Burton 0. 

Union should win by as much as they want, Ridgeview's starters did about what they wanted in the 1st half of the scrimmage scoring on 3 of there 1st 4 possessions Burton did not really move the ball all that much until subs started getting more playing time at which point Burton looked to be the better team .

Not knocking RV who I think will be an improved team this season but if Union is a legit Contender in the region this season Burton would have had to have had a much better showing to think that the score would be close past the 1st qtr

The reason the Burton game was close for so long last year was due to the fact that the game was used as a scrimmage in the first half. Trying several players at different positions. I was a little worried myself for a while, but the team had a different look and intensity level the following week at Richlands.

Unless they do they same thing this year, I look for the game to be decided early.

Turner stated he started a 10 grader on the line and worked several other under classmen in on the line, he stated that he wanted to get some reps in with the backups. I am sure he dont want to use JEB STIDHAM both ways like he did at BETSY.

Having seen Union last week, they have a very strong front 7 on D, a couple of pretty good skills on O, a pretty good QB, and an elite talent in Mitchell. They have some questions in the secondary(excluding Mitchell) and along the O-Line. By questions, I mean the only real chance of them being exposed, would be against other top teams in the region. They will win tonight by a large margin.

Union 48

Burton 6

31 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

These Burton visitors side bleachers seem to have gotten smaller. Maybe it's just me. Either way, I don't think they will hold a quarter of the crowd union will bring tonight. 

How many people are already in line?

4 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

How many people are already in line?

I don't know yet. Probably 5-10. I was trying to wait to come park after everyone here got out of school, so I went and grabbed some food. And just my luck I end up getting here and parking as the students are leaving. ?

JIB defers after toss

Union takes ball on their own 38 in 1st series and march down field to Burton's 19 and Union Turner throws an INT

Burton with first series moves ball to their 35 and has to punt after 1st down

7:21 1Q

Score 0-0