Union and Richlands

trumpet1988

8 minutes ago, Proud American29 said:

I tell you what, Unions team ain't nothing but a bunch of disgraceful kids. From the head coach to the worst player, any team that warms up or runs around during the NATIONAL ANTHEM ain't nothing but a bunch of sons of B****** I've never seen nothing as disgraceful at a High School sporting event in my life 

keyboard-warrior-600x370.jpg

56 minutes ago, Proud American29 said:

I tell you what, Unions team ain't nothing but a bunch of disgraceful kids. From the head coach to the worst player, any team that warms up or runs around during the NATIONAL ANTHEM ain't nothing but a bunch of sons of B****** I've never seen nothing as disgraceful at a High School sporting event in my life 

If you're here, why don't you go see coach Turner after the game? 

I have a kid in that team. So it would serve you well to watch the comments. They weren't even the stadium and couldn't hear the anthem being played. Post a name or message any of us and we can discuss. Takes a tough guy to hide behind a screen and callout a bunch of 16 year olds. 

I fully expect to see these two teams playing again Thanksgiving weekend. Also James Mitchell is an incredible talent and I hope he makes it to play on Sundays. Hopefully Turner's injury isn't as bad as it seemed to be. 

3 minutes ago, Suit Up said:

I fully expect to see these two teams playing again Thanksgiving weekend.

Just listening to the game on the radio it seemed like Union dominated the game and if it wasn't for a couple untimely turnovers the score could've been a 3 td spread. Is that how it played out on the field? Curious why you would think that? 

1 minute ago, EH31 said:

Just listening to the game on the radio it seemed like Union dominated the game and if it wasn't for a couple untimely turnovers the score could've been a 3 td spread. Is that how it played out on the field? Curious why you would think that? 

Union very much dominated the first half. I felt like Richlands made good halftime adjustments and the even second half score indicated that. The Blues offense probably couldn't have played much worse in the first half, which didn't do the defense any favors. Obviously Graham isn't a team to take likely in a few weeks. but I feel Richlands at home is and will continue to be a tough out.

1 hour ago, 94 APPY DAWG said:

I'm lost...what's this pic of?

That picture of one of the Russian Special Forces (Spetsnaz) unit known as "Alpha Group."  They are the Navy Seals like equals in Russia.  How do I know?  History Channel my friend!  Just did a special on special forces groups across the world and that picture was the one given on TV.  In the unedited and original picture, they ain't holding keyboards.  They are holding AK 47's.

Sorry for the rant above. Just don't like that stuff.

I think your assessment EH31 is spot on. I think Union did dominate most of the game,especially on D. Offensively the play calling for the Bears was questionable IMO but I'm not a coach so I won't criticize. Richlands offense just couldn't seem to get anything going. The TD was a busted play that worked out. I was glad to see a classy,well played game and I agree these two will meet again. But I think Union is 2-3 tds better this year. 

2 minutes ago, GoBearsGo said:

Sorry for the rant above. Just don't like that stuff.

I think your assessment EH31 is spot on. I think Union did dominate most of the game,especially on D. Offensively the play calling for the Bears was questionable IMO but I'm not a coach so I won't criticize. Richlands offense just couldn't seem to get anything going. The TD was a busted play that worked out. I was glad to see a classy,well played game and I agree these two will meet again. But I think Union is 2-3 tds better this year. 

Agree 100% with this. I think Union could have opened up the playbook more. But against Richlands you have to do what works. I hope turners injury isn't bad!

4 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Closer than I expected. I don't think there is a true standout team in swva yet. Everyone is mediocre at best. I heard Union could've and should've put Richlands away. 

Definitely. Like a poster said above it could have been about 2 to 3 more touchdowns. 

I don't want to sound disrespectful to the Richlands faithful, but I think their only decent drive was the one they scored on. The rest they were held in control pretty good. 

Richlands is going to win a lot of games, as always. They showed some flashes tonight that were impressive, especially the screen passes. 

Good luck going forward and Go Bears. 

35 minutes ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

Gonna be a long season for the blues....no offence at all.....first time in forever that they cant do one or the other but they cant run or pass ....its sad..

They seem to be lacking in the skill positions. Not explosive enough? when's the last time Richlands hasn't had a transfer starting at one of the skill positions?