Wise Central @ Grundy

Unchained

I left the jamboree a couple weeks ago impressed with the Warrior defense and deeply concerned with the Warrior offensive line. Friday night it was just the opposite at Eastside (think that team is going to win the CD btw with the influx of some good athletes from the hardwood and diamond). It's evident the Warriors are going to be stingy on the run but have much work to do with pass defense. I know the McNutt kid at RB is a good one for the Golden Wave,but what do the Wave have overall this year?

9 minutes ago, Unchained said:

I left the jamboree a couple weeks ago impressed with the Warrior defense and deeply concerned with the Warrior offensive line. Friday night it was just the opposite at Eastside (think that team is going to win the CD btw with the influx of some good athletes from the hardwood and diamond). It's evident the Warriors are going to be stingy on the run but have much work to do with pass defense. I know the McNutt kid at RB is a good one for the Golden Wave,but what do the Wave have overall this year?

Good but not great size on the line 2 solid running backs.

vs RV they had success overloading a side and pitching the ball that way

They will load the box and bring 7 or 8 every play but there pass coverage is not very good.

Central should be OK in this one but Grundy is a better team this year than they were last season if they can cut down on there penalties and contain the Central QB they can give themselves a shot

I'm not too concerned with the run. This Warriors defense is the fastest we've fielded yet and have stifled the run so far. The pass coverage vs Eastside we had kids in position-just couldn't cover that 6"7 frame of Lawson (can't play man coverage with a kid like that). Hopefully Luke has made adjustments.

49 minutes ago, Unchained said:

I'm not too concerned with the run. This Warriors defense is the fastest we've fielded yet and have stifled the run so far. The pass coverage vs Eastside we had kids in position-just couldn't cover that 6"7 frame of Lawson (can't play man coverage with a kid like that). Hopefully Luke has made adjustments.

I don't think Grundy has much in the way of a passing threat.

There RBs looked pretty good in that unbalanced set but I don't think that they have the patients to grind it our 3 or 4 yards at a time.

The big challenge for Grundy is finding a way to slow down Centrals QB

Plymal mows and tends the field more than most.  Looked to me like the Walmart Warriors are more than a little overrated.  They will have to settle on being the 2nd best in Wise county again. 2nd rate . Same arrogance as Union, half the talent.  

What a classy post . Were the Warriors overrated  they wouldn't have beaten your boys:) Even with the high grass and weather they still ground out the W in your house. Grundy isn't a bad ballclub though having dropped down to !A they will have a chance to compete

13 minutes ago, Unchained said:

What a classy post . Were the Warriors overrated  they wouldn't have beaten your boys:) Even with the high grass and weather they still ground out the W in your house. Grundy isn't a bad ballclub though having dropped down to !A they will have a chance to compete

What weather? It didn't rain. It sprinkled a bit at the very end of the 4th quarter. I carried an umbrella all night and never had to use it.  Central has almost twice the enrollment of grundy and if we hadn't committed penalties at the worst possible times, then we would have beaten them again.  Central way underperformed expectations and you are hoping to blame the grass. We played on the same field. Fiser is as fast as anybody on the central team. Didn't appear to brother him much.  I sure hope central doesn't run into a light sprinkle and a well maintained field in the playoffs. 

Now now if we want to use excuses I could easily say that had Central had Mullins,Jessee and others for the Grundy game last year,they would have won,but if a frog had wings it would get bat poontang,so move along and have a good season

Union is the class of the region and in my opinion will be a strong contender to reach the state title game. Central would have to play flawless football to have a shot but the Warriors are dangerous enough to pull the upset if Union has an off night

8 hours ago, ValiantAardvark said:

Plymal mows and tends the field more than most.  Looked to me like the Walmart Warriors are more than a little overrated.  They will have to settle on being the 2nd best in Wise county again. 2nd rate . Same arrogance as Union, half the talent.  

Where on earth is this salt coming from?  No reasonable person would have Central beating Union anyway.

5 hours ago, BigWinners said:

If Central has to rely on the run, they won't be able to beat Union. 

Hence all the work on the passing game in the offseason. I fully expect that stout Union defense to limit the run,and at some point the Warriors have to do what nobody else has done-contain Mitchell