F/B Score Updates - 9/1/17

tbgfan

1 hour ago, BlueRazor said:

Congratulations Union. You guys have the better team. I sure hope Turner is ok. Good luck the rest of the way. I just have to ask one question. Why not get the ball to Mitchell more. He is Awesome! I'm sure Turner has his reasons but I would get him the ball. Well played Bears.

RHS constantly had the S shading and having him double covered. Turner finally got inventive with him, led to a TD. 

1 hour ago, nrv_football said:

Surprised at this. I figured Blacksburg would win by at least 3 TD's. 

What makes it even more impressive is their QB went down in the 2nd quarter and didn't come back. 

Weather obvuously played a large factor in the game. If it's a sunny day, the Bruins likely are 3 TD better. But, both teams have to play in the elements, and one team played better. 

Botetourt ran the ball 65 times and ate up over 35 minutes of game clock. They shortened the game and wore the defense down. 

It was a fun game to call, even if I am still not dry yet. 

16 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

What makes it even more impressive is their QB went down in the 2nd quarter and didn't come back. 

Weather obvuously played a large factor in the game. If it's a sunny day, the Bruins likely are 3 TD better. But, both teams have to play in the elements, and one team played better. 

Botetourt ran the ball 65 times and ate up over 35 minutes of game clock. They shortened the game and wore the defense down. 

It was a fun game to call, even if I am still not dry yet. 

Ryan, I heard that LB has a pretty experienced OL.  Were they the difference in the game?

54 minutes ago, BigO said:

Ryan, I heard that LB has a pretty experienced OL.  Were they the difference in the game?

Absolutely!!!! BIG, BIG boys up front. They fired off the ball and just pushed Blacksburg around all night. And by the end, Blacksburg's D was just gassed after being on the field all night. LB is a good team. Hate to see their QB get hurt. Looked like his knee. They had to help him off and he wasn't putting any weight on it at all. 

2 hours ago, GMan said:

Princeton radio announcers are losing their shit...Bluefield tried on-side kick up 56-0...

The onside kick was by accident. ..Freddy put in a new kicker. It was hilarious to watch...he approached the ball like an equestrian horse galloping toward the football and he just misjudged his step and kicked the top of the ball making look like an onside kick. Everyone in the stands was laughing their butt off. Even his own family was laughing. When Bluefield scored again he did not kick off, they let a freshman do it.