Giles @ Graham

SWVAgridiron

Might as well start talking about the battle of the Gs.  Both teams faced tough opponents in week 1 and had cake walks last night. 

For Giles, Beidleman continues to carry the load with back to back games with 200+ yards rushing. Giles is still struggling at the full back position. I don't feel like O'Brian is best fit for that position. As far as the defense goes, we still aren't improved enough to handle speedy backs. but luckily we have gotten experience against speed with Bluefield and Blacksburg. 

For Graham, i don't know a whole lot besides Cooke and Reed. I did get to watch the game with them and Bluefield online this week and it seems like Cooke hardly got to touch the ball. Giles will need to kick away from him as he did light us up last season on punt returns. The Qb Allen I believe, is a good runner but does not seem like a threat with him going to the air . I also feel that Graham's rush defense isn't as strong as last season but it's hard to tell off of one game.

As I won't pick against my Spartans I'm going with Giles 35-28

3 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Might as well start talking about the battle of the Gs.  Both teams faced tough opponents in week 1 and had cake walks last night. 

For Giles, Beidleman continues to carry the load with back to back games with 200+ yards rushing. Giles is still struggling at the full back position. I don't feel like O'Brian is best fit for that position. As far as the defense goes, we still aren't improved enough to handle speedy backs. but luckily we have gotten experience against speed with Bluefield and Blacksburg. 

For Graham, i don't know a whole lot besides Cooke and Reed. I did get to watch the game with them and Bluefield online this week and it seems like Cooke hardly got to touch the ball. Giles will need to kick away from him as he did light us up last season on punt returns. The Qb Allen I believe, is a good runner but does not seem like a threat with him going to the air . I also feel that Graham's rush defense isn't as strong as last season but it's hard to tell off of one game.

As I won't pick against my Spartans I'm going with Giles 35-28

I think it'll be a one-score game, but I think it'll be in the mid-teens to mid-20s.  

13 hours ago, 99Bama said:

If both offensive and defensive lines are physical for Giles they stand a really good chance of winning. Bluefield exposed our weakness there. 

Spot on, GMen need huge improvements on lines especially during big games, doesn't really matter when you play a weak team but fix it before the Giles, Richlands, etc. or it makes for a long night.

20 hours ago, spartanwinger said:

I think # 10 and # 5 are the two best backs Giles have and should be in the backfield together. Giles has to control the line of scrimmage, not allow the qb to run wild and simply not allow cook in space. 

I agree winger, Beidleman and Ratcliffe need to be in the back field. I'm sure Willams and staff will realize that and make the change.