Union Bailey Turner

jarhead24219

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything,I know it's early and a holiday weekend, so I assume no MRI yet.I hope he is able to heal up, I just think that there will be no practice until a MRI , and the swelling goes down. Best of luck young man, your team has your 6

I feel like he can sit the next 2 games (Letcher & Ridgeview) but I agree, I assume it will be Qualls at the helm. Kid can throw the ball and has pretty decent speed. Don't be surprised if you see Daemia taking a few snaps as well. 

10 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I would be ok with this.  :p

I totally retract this statement... when I posted this, I wanted him to be out a couple of games not really hurt per se... but just kept out as a precautionary measure since Union shouldn't have any problems beating us without him.

Prayers for Bailey, Travis and the whole Turner family.

Geez:( I hate to see any kid lose a season. I really felt with him at QB the Bears were a state title contender perhaps. Having said that if any team can adapt it's the Bears. They have experience,depth,and talent,and whoever takes the snaps will have at least a couple weeks to adjust and learn. I don't see LC giving them any problems nor RV either

23 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Geez:( I hate to see any kid lose a season. I really felt with him at QB the Bears were a state title contender perhaps. Having said that if any team can adapt it's the Bears. They have experience,depth,and talent,and whoever takes the snaps will have at least a couple weeks to adjust and learn. I don't see LC giving them any problems nor RV either

Bailey seems like a great kid, I just moved from upstate down here 3 years ago for work (hospital) and have been following the bears since. But in my honest opinion I feel that there may be 1 if not 2 in particular that is better than Bailey. He struggles to get the ball downfield to James, Zach Qualls in my opinion can absolutely play pitch and catch with James all night long. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

I hated to hear this news today. Really puts a damper on a promising season. Not saying the Bears are done, and they will still be better than most but it's a setback none the less. I agree that Qualls would be my pick. He's a veteran, has some qb experience, a good arm and like was mentioned earlier is much more mobile than Turner. Bailey just had the qb mentality. Lester may start at Letcher but I don't see it lasting. He can run but having him back there will limit our passing game. The 3rd option, if I am right on who it is, is a great athlete but hasn't played any qb since crunch bunch days. Gonna be a test of our coaching staff I think to find the right fit.