Ridgeview @ Central

onewarrior2

I think this will be our best shot to beat the Walmart Warriors.  If you look at how each team did against Grundy, then it's almost a dead even game.  The defensive gameplan is simple on paper.  Stop the run whether it's Jessee or Mullins.  This is probably our only shot to get a conference win this season, so I look for the Pack to give it all they have to try to get it done and be 3-0 heading to Bullitt Park next week.

Wolfpack 21

Walmart Warriors 16

I think RV is the more balanced team but Central has a weapon in Mullins that a team can sell out to stop and still NOT stop.

RV will have the benefit of playing 2 teams for 8 qtrs. before seeing Central as opposed to the last 2 years when opening with Jenkins led to there starters seeing about 1 qrt of playing time

The loser of this one probably goes 0-fer in the district... hoping we can pull this out... don't want to go two years in a row without getting a district win.

I talked to a couple of our coaches over at the UVa-Wise game last night, they think Lee is actually the second best team in the district.  While I certainly think they're a sleeper... better than Abingdon?  I doubt it.

On 9/7/2017 at 0:03 PM, BigWinners said:

I'd be surprised if WC lost. If they lose Friday, gonna be a long season. RV is improved but still not great. 

Yup, I was totally wrong. Not a rare occurrence. RV seems to be much improved and Central isn't very good.

I have to say in three years this is the first time I have really had fun at a Ridgeview game. Year one was 20 draw plays a game and 20 runs up the guards butt against 9 men in the box, all for a total of 30 yards. I had two sons on that team and still now, even watching T.V. anytime a team runs a draw they both start cussing. Last year was just bad from start to finish. It was nice to finally enjoy a game last night. 

Ridgeview defense really stepped up last night and limited central qb to an extent I did not think possible.....on offense they took what central gave them with several players stepping up with big plays and the freshman rb has a chance to be a special player over the next 4 years.........rv needs to take this win build off it and get ready for union next Friday

Central is a solid team and they need to use this loss as a tool to work on mixing up there play calling there qb is a solid passer and a great runner but if you only run 5 plays you are really helping out the defense 

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

They complained quite a bit about the field at Grundy last week.

Thanks for clearing that up. 

I'm not sure that I've ever heard of a home team complain of their own field conditions. Especially when it's turf.