Question for graham people

Hokiebird7

28 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Will the big Green machine come to Pearisburg next Friday 3-0 and unscored on is the big question?

I think they do

Rack em up sack em up!!!!

I hope they come 3-0 with 3 straight shut outs. Will make next weeks game much more exciting. But that's next week, hopefully the Spartans are 2-1 by then! 

15 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Bluefield and Graham's games are terrible quality now because the radio station complex manager will not pay for phone lines.

So the fans have to listen to the game broadcast being phoned in on a cell phone that's in speaker mode???

14 minutes ago, bhs7695 said:

So the fans have to listen to the game broadcast being phoned in on a cell phone that's in speaker mode???

The phone is hooked into a box that is connected to a mic. Sometimes the phone signal connection is acceptable. Most of the times not. Sometimes it's just plain horrible like the Princeton-Bluefield game last Friday. There is nothing the crew could have done. I actually turned it to the Princeton broadcast and suffered through that broadcast because the broadcast was clear.

5 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

The phone is hooked into a box that is connected to a mic. Sometimes the phone signal connection is acceptable. Most of the times not. Sometimes it's just plain horrible like the Princeton-Bluefield game last Friday. There is nothing the crew could have done. I actually turned it to the Princeton broadcast and suffered through that broadcast because the broadcast was clear.

Did the same with Bluefield-Princeton.  Graham's broadcast wasn't any better than Bluefield's...

On 9/5/2017 at 9:37 AM, Bluefield researcher said:

Yeah I turned it on after I left the game and it was near impossible to make out anything being said.  I guess Adventure Radio has money problems so quality is suffering on broadcasts.  I noticed for several years they cut the Virginia Tech sports broadcasts short in pre-game and post game so they must not get enough sponsor money to air the full broadcast.

19 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Curious myself as to why Tazewell is no longer broadcast on 107.7, is it due to the financial issues as well?

Glad youy ask that Stu,  was wondering the same.  I turned it over there like I always do during the halftimes of Richlands games to check on the dogs score and was surprised it wasn't there.

4 minutes ago, Bigrhsfan said:

Glad youy ask that Stu,  was wondering the same.  I turned it over there like I always do during the halftimes of Richlands games to check on the dogs score and was surprised it wasn't there.

I think it's on 98.something but not near the reach of the station that it had before

7 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Most likely no one to do the broadcast.

I'm not sure who is doing the broadcast now but was told by someone reliable that the two guys doing it seem to be strong Mercer Co supporters.  He said that they got real excited whenever Montcalm would make a play.  He was on the other side of the wall in the broadcast booth.  I haven't heard them so I can only go on what I have heard.

5 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I think it's on 98.something but not near the reach of the station that it had before

I'm not sure who is doing the broadcast now but was told by someone reliable that the two guys doing it seem to be strong Mercer Co supporters.  He said that they got real excited whenever Montcalm would make a play.  He was on the other side of the wall in the broadcast booth.  I haven't heard them so I can only go on what I have heard.

http://www.g98radio.com/2017-tazewell-bulldogs-football/