My SWVA Top 5

Dookthecook

Without going past Mont County.

1  Blacksburg.  Offense to watch. Defense to stop

2 Union             Time for their arrival

3 Richlands        Will they beat the Bears round two?

4. Graham           Trying to figure this bunch out.  I will come up from the holler two Mitchell this weekend. 

5  Narrows.          Not scored on and kicking ass. Taking names.  Watch this crew!  

47 minutes ago, Dookthecook said:

Without going past Mont County.

1  Blacksburg.  Offense to watch. Defense to stop

2 Union             Time for their arrival

3 Richlands        Will they beat the Bears round two?

4. Graham           Trying to figure this bunch out.  I will come up from the holler two Mitchell this weekend. 

5  Narrows.          Not scored on and kicking ass. Taking names.  Watch this crew!  

The fact you have Narrows 5th shows all we need to know, honestly. And that's no slight to any Narrows fans on here. 

The brakes need pumped big time wrt/ Narrows.   I've seen several posters on multiple boards have them in top 10's and a couple top 5's.   Let's see what they do against Giles.  That's the only true barometer this team faces before getting into district play.  Honestly, I think they have the potential to be better than last year on D just due to the strength and size on the line.  Offensively, tighten up on the ball security and become a little more balanced and they're on to something.   Still thinking 8-2 or 7-3 at the end of the season.  We will see.

2 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

The brakes need pumped big time wrt/ Narrows.   I've seen several posters on multiple boards have them in top 10's and a couple top 5's.   Let's see what they do against Giles.  That's the only true barometer this team faces before getting into district play.  Honestly, I think they have the potential to be better than last year on D just due to the strength and size on the line.  Offensively, tighten up on the ball security and become a little more balanced and they're on to something.   Still thinking 8-2 or 7-3 at the end of the season.  We will see.

I said they would finish 8-2....losses to giles and Covington/Parry McClure one of those 2...the other 7 teams in their schedule *YAWN*

Couldn't agree more.  Narrows competed with those schools for the most part for 80 years just fine and 20 years ago with almost half the enrollment they have now.  It's absolutely ridiculous to be in the Pioneer when there's almost 15 schools close to Narrows' enrollment now with 2 hour drive.  But I've ranted on this topic more times than I can count.

2 hours ago, Falcon Mania said:

1.  Union

2. Abingdon

3. Graham

4. Richlands

5. Marion

I tend to agree with this from what I have seen so far.  Based off just the first couple of games I would also have Narrows, Giles, and Va High all knocking on the door waiting for someone to slip.