SWVA all time teams

Dookthecook

22 hours ago, RCITYHOO said:

If going by D1 players you better add early Radford teams. Was told they had like 19 players go D1

25 minutes ago, Olebluedev said:

I was talking about on 1 team, not an era.

I believe RCITYHOO is referring to the 1971 Radford team.  That one team alone had 10 players play at the Division 1 level.  Frank Beamer was also on the coaching staff at Radford at that time as well.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/high_schools/radford-to-welcome-state-champions-back-for-reunion/article_c3138ba4-b3d2-516b-a134-d38f48fce378.html

And yes, RCITYHOO, those Radford teams, especially the '71 and '72 teams, should be in the conversation.

1 hour ago, GC_Quincy said:

I still don't see how GC beat Jefferson Forest in '97. I just know it took me 2 weeks to get my voice back.

That was an incredible team.  Amazing that GC wins the title in 97 but not in 96 with what was a superior team.  It just goes to show sometimes its better to be lucky than better than your opponent.

38 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

That was an incredible team.  Amazing that GC wins the title in 97 but not in 96 with wha was a superior team.  It just goes to show sometimes its better to be lucky than better than your opponent.

1 hour ago, GC_Quincy said:

I still don't see how GC beat Jefferson Forest in '97. I just know it took me 2 weeks to get my voice back.

I watch the highlights of the field goal over and over, and I know it's going to be good and I still think he is going to miss it. It really does go to show you that miracles do happen in sports. if anyone on JF D-Line would have got a hand up, that kick would have been blocked.