Battle of the unbeaten. Ridgeview @ Union

CriticalNoise

I think Ridgeview will make it very tough for union to grind out yards and first downs. But I think a 4 yard rush here, a 3 yard rush there, and an occasional burst will give union plenty on offense. Unions Defense, although they had some breaks in coverage last night, is still very very good. I think they'll be dominant. 

Union - 44

Ridgeview - 12

Union finds its quarterback this week in practice and gets back to the air and ground show Union wins big. That front 7 on defense is legit and might be the best so far at Union. That saying the cubs will being playing middle 3rd qtr.  the pack scores twice on the cubs final score Union 56 the pack 14.

1 hour ago, Union's hammer said:

Union finds its quarterback this week in practice and gets back to the air and ground show Union wins big. That front 7 on defense is legit and might be the best so far at Union. That saying the cubs will being playing middle 3rd qtr.  the pack scores twice on the cubs final score Union 56 the pack 14.

I sure hope so. I watched some film from the Pack/Central game and the pack were putting 7 in the box to stop the run. Now I'm sure that's what they will do to the almighty bears, but the speed of 82 (considering he's still at  QB we dont know) will leave them behind on the outside. Better bring your track shoes to Bullit Park. 

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Y'all got way more confidence than I do. I think Union wins an absolute squeaker, 28-21. 

Just out of curiosity, and I'm not disrespecting your opinion, but why that close? Do you feel Union is suffering now without Turner, or do you feel that the Pack is good enough this year to hang close with the Bears? Or is it something else?

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Front seven is for sure best Unions had on defense, but holes in back end seems like. 

I agree with this, we need 2 replacements on D# in my opinion, I'm not posting any names or numbers out of respect, but Union fans know who I'm talking about. 

47 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

Just out of curiosity, and I'm not disrespecting your opinion, but why that close? Do you feel Union is suffering now without Turner, or do you feel that the Pack is good enough this year to hang close with the Bears? Or is it something else?

Haven't saw RV, I just figure Union will take a couple weeks to settle in without Turner, and RV is a well coached team. If they (RV) have to run the ball, Union kills them. You can't run on Union. But, if RV can make big pass plays and limit the Union possessions it could be tight. I think the Union talent and depth take over late, but RV may get a couple early.

5 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Haven't saw RV, I just figure Union will take a couple weeks to settle in without Turner, and RV is a well coached team. If they (RV) have to run the ball, Union kills them. You can't run on Union. But, if RV can make big pass plays and limit the Union possessions it could be tight. I think the Union talent and depth take over late, but RV may get a couple early.

Thanks for your reply. I respect your opinion and I can't seem to disagree.

8 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Adkins may not get to the century mark, but I would be willing to bet he at least gets close.  He's going to be a contender for Mountain POTY in the next two years.  I guarantee that.

Not taking anything away from the kid and he very well may do it, but Richlands as a team only put up 96 yards of total offense in 4 quarters. 

But, it's comparing Apples to Oranges

10 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Adkins may not get to the century mark, but I would be willing to bet he at least gets close.  He's going to be a contender for Mountain POTY in the next two years.  I guarantee that.

Okay, wanna do a signature or avatar bet? A friendly wager, nothing malicious. 

I'd bet that he won't top 80 yards as long as the Union first team sees the field. You win, I'll put up a RV avatar for a week. I win, you put up a Union one for a week.

I'm sure the kid is a good back, and I'm sure the RV OL isn't bad or anything, but Richlands as a team had less than 100 yards, and JIB who ran it like 50 times had basically nil. Unions far from a perfect team, but the rush defense is outstanding. 

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Okay, wanna do a signature or avatar bet? A friendly wager, nothing malicious. 

I'd bet that he won't top 80 yards as long as the Union first team sees the field. You win, I'll put up a RV avatar for a week. I win, you put up a Union one for a week.

I'm sure the kid is a good back, and I'm sure the RV OL isn't bad or anything, but Richlands as a team had less than 100 yards, and JIB who ran it like 50 times had basically nil. Unions far from a perfect team, but the rush defense is outstanding. 

Boom, confetti. Pretty much what I said as well.

19 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I just hope the coaches settle on a QB and game plan this week. Haven't seen the Wolfepack at all, but this may be a more competitive game than what some are expecting. 

They definitely need to pick a QB.  The offense we ran Friday will win you some games against weaker competition but if we plan on making a run in the playoffs were gonna need some kind of passing attack.