Battle of the unbeaten. Ridgeview @ Union

CriticalNoise

Looks wet for Friday,the weather may play a part in this one, I can see RV having problems on the grass, I am not sure if they have been on grass yet SHELBY CO. KY ???I see UNION finding a QB this week,MITCHELL is a great runner but the D will stack up when he is back there,and I think its unfair to his college outlook to expose him to injury there.Qualls can sling the ball but needs some time back there to develope his game, the other kid ,Demyia (spelling sucks)seemed to get into the flow of the game at LC, and he has some wiggle in him as seen in games with VA HIGH and BETSY . I just hope OWENS is back, we need him on D BAD. FULLHOUSE untill the passing game gets better, JENKINS LOOKED REALLY GOOD

27 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Looks wet for Friday,the weather may play a part in this one, I can see RV having problems on the grass, I am not sure if they have been on grass yet SHELBY CO. KY ???I see UNION finding a QB this week,MITCHELL is a great runner but the D will stack up when he is back there,and I think its unfair to his college outlook to expose him to injury there.Qualls can sling the ball but needs some time back there to develope his game, the other kid ,Demyia (spelling sucks)seemed to get into the flow of the game at LC, and he has some wiggle in him as seen in games with VA HIGH and BETSY . I just hope OWENS is back, we need him on D BAD. FULLHOUSE untill the passing game gets better, JENKINS LOOKED REALLY GOOD

Shelby Valley had turf also.  We played a scrimmage at Lebanon and Norton, so if you count those, we have played on grass this year.

20 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Okay, wanna do a signature or avatar bet? A friendly wager, nothing malicious. 

I'd bet that he won't top 80 yards as long as the Union first team sees the field. You win, I'll put up a RV avatar for a week. I win, you put up a Union one for a week.

I'm sure the kid is a good back, and I'm sure the RV OL isn't bad or anything, but Richlands as a team had less than 100 yards, and JIB who ran it like 50 times had basically nil. Unions far from a perfect team, but the rush defense is outstanding. 

I was going to say 75 yards or more.  Shoot man, if you hook me up with one of those sweet "U" polos, I'll even wear it and take a picture in it if I lose the bet.

18 hours ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

When was the last time Union lost a regular season game at the park? I wanna say 2013.

I'm not saying we'll win the game by any means, and we might get blown out... I just don't think we'll get shut out.

Union is a championship caliber team but without their starting QB they are still very good and will make a deep playoff run even without Turner, if Union wants establish dominance in the district it starts Friday. I don't see any way Ridgeview can keep this close. Union 56-6. Oh and never underestimate the pressure of having a D1 player on a team, my nephew played high school football in Alabama and had several of his teammates go play D1 ( Bama, Auburn, Troy, Mississippi St.) (nephew played at North Alabama) he said the whole teams knows that college scouts are in the stands and they started trying to impress them instead of taking care of their football business.

4 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Shelby Valley had turf also.  We played a scrimmage at Lebanon and Norton, so if you count those, we have played on grass this year.

I was going to say 75 yards or more.  Shoot man, if you hook me up with one of those sweet "U" polos, I'll even wear it and take a picture in it if I lose the bet.

I'm not saying we'll win the game by any means, and we might get blown out... I just don't think we'll get shut out.

Hah well I can't swing one of those polos, but if you wanna do the avatar bet I'm down with 75 yards against the first team. It's tough to do a bet if the game gets out of hand and the second and third string guys play significant time.

I can see RV bring the house on every down, kinda like they did at CENTRAL, a run blitz type D and say to thier cover guys you are on your own.This will be very true if MITCHELL lines up in the wildcat, if he lines up as a tight end they will run blitz, and if he lines up as a wide out the will have some kinda blitz designed to put pressure on the QB on passing situations.UNION will stick with what they have done all year, hopefully they will find someone at safety taller than 5 foot nothing, maybe Owens will be back to take that spot back. Who will be at QB????Maybe QUALLS or the other young man who has some wiggle in his hips.

From what I've seen on RV, they are much improved from last year. I'm feeling a close score at halftime turns into a 3 score win for the Bears. Even without Turner, Union is still the SWVA measuring stick because of 82 and the defensive front 7.

Union 38

RV 17

If Union is to make a run , it will be because they cope and close ranks they succeed with a QB this week, look for the play calling to be more diverse, we found out that Qualls can sling it last week, now he has to put some touch on it

25 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

No practice for Owens, no 4 Collins still nursing a hurt knee so we may have 4or5 out

My son plays on the 7/8 team, I was there today for the scrimmage, and I know for a fact that Owens and Collins were on the other end of the field practicing. I don't know if your going by hear say or what, but they were in action today. 

36 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Ok... Does kickoff return yards count towards the 75? Lol

Ha afraid not, not rushing yards. RV hung tough, just had trouble gaining yards unless it's a kickoff lol. RV adds late TD after Union botched punt. 34-20 with three mins left. 

On September 14, 2017 at 0:13 PM, Bearcat Dad said:

From what I've seen on RV, they are much improved from last year. I'm feeling a close score at halftime turns into a 3 score win for the Bears. Even without Turner, Union is still the SWVA measuring stick because of 82 and the defensive front 7.

Union 38

RV 17

Well done, sir. Close at half, Union pulled away, 34-19.  Well done indeed.