Richlands vs....

Dookthecook

I bet old Mance had them driving that sled accross the parking lot and up two or three hills.The line has too much size for them not to run the ball.Does that other team have a passing attack?I would say MANCE steals the game plan from LB to hand the other team its 2nd loss .24-21 RICHLANDS 

39 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

I bet old Mance had them driving that sled accross the parking lot and up two or three hills.The line has too much size for them not to run the ball.Does that other team have a passing attack?I would say MANCE steals the game plan from LB to hand the other team its 2nd loss .24-21 RICHLANDS 

It's only 9 am and I have already had my good laugh for the day.  Thanks!

11 hours ago, ojrussell said:

I am not fond of the GMEN,but I do pull for them when they play  anyone out of our area. Are you just an envious ,poor looser GMAN?

If you are trying to call me out for something I'm not, better change direction and call out someone else...

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Well Gman did say not to say that teams name or he would hammer them....and he never said that teams name

So they are playing Richlands this week..what is he suppose to call their opponent this week?

I thought he said not to put them in any SWVA poll on here?

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I thought he said not to put them in any SWVA poll on here?

This! 

He never said you can't mention Blacksburg. He never said they can't be in a post when one of our teams is playing them. He simply said -- which is something that has been said FOUR THOUSAND TIMES -- that Blacksburg is not in our coverage area, and therefor, not eligible for our SWVA polls and stuff like that. That's it. 

Talk about them all you want. Talk about how Beck is so fast. Talk about how Terry is the best player they have. Talk about Thad. Just don't rank them in a poll on here. Pretty simple. 

All that being said, I'm not sure if Richlands can pull this one off.  There is a possibility, but that is a slim one.  They will have to play a heck of a game and like Abingdon; they just aren't last years Richlands team.  They are going through some growing pains at the moment.  I do hope the blue tornado can pull off a win.

If schools need to know how to handle the issue of "indian" related nicknames and mascots all you have to do is look at Stafford High. Here is a quote from Wikipedia as to how they handled the situation and the school website agrees.

In 2005, the Native American mascot controversy prompted the National Education Association to recommend schools with Native American-based mascots change their team names. Stafford High School’s administration considered a name change until meeting with the local Patawomeck tribe, for whom the mascot was named. Tribal leaders overwhelmingly supported keeping the team name “Indians,” but were unhappy with the mascot's historical inaccuracy. The original mascot featured a full-feathered headdress more common to the Plains Indians than to the ancestral Patawomeck tribes native to the Stafford area. Stafford High School art teacher Nick Candela drafted the artwork for the new mascot and obtained support and approval from Tribal leaders and various school organizations.[2] The new mascot was unveiled in late 2014 and is now prominently featured on the school's website.