Richlands vs....

Dookthecook

The team formally known as "The Indians" will take this one. I sure hope I'm wrong but this Blues fan thinks there is simply to much speed for us to handle. Maybe we can find a way to slow them down and make a game of it. We will have to play much better than we have so far. A couple of turnovers by them "Indians" / Bruins and we may pull the upset. 

Razor,  I have to agree with you........even though it pains me !  I hope we are soooo wrong on this one.  I don't think I have ever picked against the Blues,  even if in my heart I thought they would not win,  Like in the state championship game last year,  but "the burg" has too much speed,  and the Blues have to little this year.  I think this years Blues will get better and be a playoff team, and a good playoff team,   but this part of their sehedule is just murder.

A team with the speed of "the burg" is just so hard to hold down all night,  one mistake and it's gone to the house.  

I hope I am wrong and if anybody can figure a way to beat them,  then Mance and his staff will,  but it has been said many times........speed kills,  and "the burg"  has plenty of it !

4 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

This! 

He never said you can't mention Blacksburg. He never said they can't be in a post when one of our teams is playing them. He simply said -- which is something that has been said FOUR THOUSAND TIMES -- that Blacksburg is not in our coverage area, and therefor, not eligible for our SWVA polls and stuff like that. That's it. 

Talk about them all you want. Talk about how Beck is so fast. Talk about how Terry is the best player they have. Talk about Thad. Just don't rank them in a poll on here. Pretty simple. 

Is it up for discussion? I'm not starting trouble or trying to but what about maybe taking a poll and adding them since the consensus for a week or so considered them "our" area. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosyadaddy said:

Is it up for discussion? I'm not starting trouble or trying to but what about maybe taking a poll and adding them since the consensus for a week or so considered them "our" area. 

Won't happen. If you do that, you have to add CBurg in as well. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosyadaddy said:

That's fair. Just a thought. I like to try to find ways to please everybody. Teaching does that to you. Lol 

I like it where it is, personally. I don't know why I consider Blacksburg SWVA in all facets except high school athletics. I feel like they are in the NRV and that's like it's own separate thing from SWVA in high school sports. 

1 hour ago, 1bburgfan said:

Why won't Richlands send their JV team Thursday night.   Ryan do you go to college in SWVA?

Richlands plays their JV games on Mondays, as does pretty much every other SWVA program, I think. And yes, I'm a (really old) senior at VT. 

11 hours ago, Hoosyadaddy said:

That's fair. Just a thought. I like to try to find ways to please everybody. Teaching does that to you. Lol 

And that's the damn problem with this world, trying to please everybody.  You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time...put that in your lesson plan and teach it...