Gate City @ Daniel Boone

Jason

Leftover dysfunction from the last regime...Boone is just to physical for Gate City I can see the Devils hanging in early but being worn down by the 3rd quarter. Boone 41 GC 20 

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:57 AM, SXSW said:

Leftover dysfunction from the last regime...Boone is just to physical for Gate City I can see the Devils hanging in early but being worn down by the 3rd quarter. Boone 41 GC 20 

Kid and Akers have been cussing back and forth all year. Came to head after the last game. Enough blame to spread around.

Agree..........this one will not be close.

I read these posts and I have to wonder what is going on at GATE CITY. I worked at WEBER CITY for 2 years during the mid 90's and the kids were great,the fan base would fight you over their kids and the coaching staff were looked upon as gods.I will be the first to say I know nothing about AKERS or his staff, but I also look at the recent problems with the baseball team and think maybe its not a school problem ,but a parent problem.IF a kid is cursing his coaches, he needs to be sent to the house, because he has no respect, and that goes back to the parent.I remember COACH BOLLING (PV 1ST STATE CHAMPION COACH)ran off a kid by the name  BELLEMY who had more speed than J. JONES,and more moves than THOMAS JONES, over his mouth(kid went to prison later in life). I also have seen the last PV STATE CHAMPION have several of its players die,jailed ect because they had lots of talent but very little respect for anything else.My point is this, what do you want,A COACH WHO MAKES GREAT YOUNG MEN , OR A COACH WHO WILL EXCEPT KIDS BEING A PROBLEM ON AND OFF THE FIELD.In the great game of life , I would rather have a coach and staff that teaches my kid what is expected of him, and the championships will come....just look at APPOMATTOX.

Can't speak on the kid's reaction, but blaming it on a former coach is just dumb. GC's coach is a bum, and the mess is all his. Attitude reflects leadership. The problem starts with the SB and the AD - also bums. Acres was the only man that would take the job; no one else wanted it after 1. Meeting GC's esteemed AD & 2. seeing GC's crumbling facilities. GC finishes 2017 either 1-9 or 0-10, depending on how they play against Lee.

3 hours ago, Grapeape said:

Can't speak on the kid's reaction, but blaming it on a former coach is just dumb. GC's coach is a bum, and the mess is all his. Attitude reflects leadership. The problem starts with the SB and the AD - also bums. Acres was the only man that would take the job; no one else wanted it after 1. Meeting GC's esteemed AD & 2. seeing GC's crumbling facilities. GC finishes 2017 either 1-9 or 0-10, depending on how they play against Lee.

I got to see the weight room this year for the first time since the mid 90s. Definitely a shame where it is now. 

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

I got to see the weight room this year for the first time since the mid 90s. Definitely a shame where it is now. 

No facilities upgrades of any kind for GC sports since 1997. Not trying to highjack the thread, but GC has the worst overall (basketball, volleyball, baseball, track, softball) facilities around. The visitor's side of Legion was condemned in 2015. The SB's sports complex decision might have something to with that. I know for a fact that when South's current HC interviewed, he recommended to the AD that he stop showing candidates the facilities.