SWVA Top Five (Round 2)

tbgfan

3 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

The D looks that good vs a schedule similar to that Parry McCluer and Hurley had last year.   I'm telling ya to pump the brakes.  Let's see what happens vs Giles.  First true test they face at all this year by a long shot.

No offense but it's their only true test

Heard PM has lost a bunch of players already

1.  Graham

2.  Giles

3.  Bluefield

4.  Union (no starting QB, and no way around it, not the same team.  It went from a state title contending team to a final 8 team in one play).

5.  Richlands

Honorable Mention/Votes:  Fort Chiswell, Marion, Narrows.  Richlands is still better than all 3 of them. 

Graham is the best team in SWVA or at least, in the SWVA Sports coverage area.  Graham should have beat Giles by more, but the turnovers and mental toughness thing kept it close.  Graham didn't lose to Bluefield, they were outcoached.  Graham is 2 touchdowns better than Bluefield and so is Giles.   This is why I have Bluefield 3rd.  No offense Bluefield fans. 

2 hours ago, TTownTigers said:

1.  Graham

2.  Giles

3.  Bluefield

4.  Union (no starting QB, and no way around it, not the same team.  It went from a state title contending team to a final 8 team in one play).

5.  Richlands

Honorable Mention/Votes:  Fort Chiswell, Marion, Narrows.  Richlands is still better than all 3 of them. 

Graham is the best team in SWVA or at least, in the SWVA Sports coverage area.  Graham should have beat Giles by more, but the turnovers and mental toughness thing kept it close.  Graham didn't lose to Bluefield, they were outcoached.  Graham is 2 touchdowns better than Bluefield and so is Giles.   This is why I have Bluefield 3rd.  No offense Bluefield fans. 

I guess you forgot Giles had two turnovers too, and one of those was int in the end zone. So no I don't think it should of been by more. If Giles gets the one fumble they didn't give them and fields the punt could of been different outcome. First half like the 2nd wouldn't of been a game.

26 minutes ago, spartanwinger said:

I guess you forgot Giles had two turnovers too, and one of those was int in the end zone. So no I don't think it should of been by more. If Giles gets the one fumble they didn't give them and fields the punt could of been different outcome. First half like the 2nd wouldn't of been a game.

No forgetting here my friend.  Going only by what I read.  I thought I read where Graham had 3 turnovers to Giles 2 turnovers, not 2 to 2 as your post eluded.  Lets say for the sake of reason, Graham had zero and Giles had 7 turnovers.  That's still two years in a row in which Graham has won the game close over Giles.  Do you feel it would be reasonable for me to place Giles ahead of Graham in a simple, totally opinionated top 5 SWVA football fan poll?  Common sense from any objective and neutral non-giles and non-Graham would say, "no."   With that reasoning, one could say, then why Bluefield ahead of Graham when they beat them?  Because it's a rival game and anything goes in rival games.  Also, Giles bested Bluefield pretty good in a scrimmage, so all 3 are pretty close in truth. 

"Giles had two turnovers too." <---your words.  According to the Bluefield Daily, your statement is incorrect.  The Bluefield Daily states Graham had 3 and Giles 2; therefore, the "forgetting" part may not be in my direction, but may be in yours. I'm going only by what I read.