SWVA Top Five (Round 2)

tbgfan

13 hours ago, graham32 said:

honestly until graham beats richlands I don't think anyone should have graham higher than richlands. hate to say it but I was on the last team to beat richlands from graham but that's how I see it. 

I could be very wrong but I believe this is the year...

Giles is right there with Graham and Richlands even though down, will be a different team come playoff time. I have seen Unions sophomore QB play in 8th grade, if its the same kid. He's an athlete and the real deal, just raw. Come playoff time, Union, Richlands, Graham, or Giles (any 1 of the 4) could be the one left standing from the West. All 4 are close and whichever one is left standing would not surprise me. 

1 hour ago, TTownTigers said:

Giles is right there with Graham and Richlands even though down, will be a different team come playoff time. I have seen Unions sophomore QB play in 8th grade, if its the same kid. He's an athlete and the real deal, just raw. Come playoff time, Union, Richlands, Graham, or Giles (any 1 of the 4) could be the one left standing from the West. All 4 are close and whichever one is left standing would not surprise me. 

Giles is in Region C. The others are in D. And no-one seems to know how this playoff system will work in the later rounds. 

13 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Giles is in Region C. The others are in D. And no-one seems to know how this playoff system will work in the later rounds. 

For the Region: Eight-team, single-elimination tournament. Seeding and pairings determined by power points unless the Region has determined another format.

Semi-finals: Four-team, single-elimination tournament per classification, pairing Region A champions with Region B champions and Region C champions with Region D champions. Semi-final winners advance to the final.

Where they play: Semi-finals – Region A champion host Region B champion; Region C champion hosts Region D champion.

VHSL has made it difficult to link to their docs. Below is the full paper....if the link works.

VHSL Doc

16 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

For the Region: Eight-team, single-elimination tournament. Seeding and pairings determined by power points unless the Region has determined another format.

Semi-finals: Four-team, single-elimination tournament per classification, pairing Region A champions with Region B champions and Region C champions with Region D champions. Semi-final winners advance to the final.

Where they play: Semi-finals – Region A champion host Region B champion; Region C champion hosts Region D champion.

VHSL has made it difficult to link to their docs. Below is the full paper....if the link works.

VHSL Doc

So the Region D winner will most likely have to pay a visit to Appomattox. Greaaaaaaat. ?

1 minute ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

So the Region D winner will most likely have to pay a visit to Appomattox. Greaaaaaaat. ?

Or Giles, or Glenvar. I really wish they would let power points determine the hosting school instead of this alternating Region stuff. It's possible that a 6-4 Region C or A winner could be hosting a 10-0 D or B winner. Not a fan.

3 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Or Giles, or Glenvar. I really wish they would let power points determine the hosting school instead of this alternating Region stuff. It's possible that a 6-4 Region C or A winner could be hosting a 10-0 D or B winner. Not a fan.

Neither am I. Does it flip next year with region B hosting A and D hosting C or does it remain the same?

1 hour ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Neither am I. Does it flip next year with region B hosting A and D hosting C or does it remain the same?

I can only assume because that's the way it was prior to the 2 region(West/East) format. Each year alternated.

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I agree...alternating is stupid...but would expect anything smart to come from the VHSL when it comes to the playoffs?

On 9/13/2017 at 1:32 PM, Unionguy_2017 said:

Might as well hand over the championship to Appomattox now, can't see any of our teams locally having a chance; could be wrong , nothing is a given. 

9 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Might as well hand over the championship to Appomattox now, can't see any of our teams locally having a chance; could be wrong , nothing is a given. 

Teams like Union and Richlands that have a good run D will have a better shot at taking them out this year compared to last. Appo does have good talent once again but they aren't as loaded as last season