Podcast questions for Episode 3?

Ryan4VT

17 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

(1) Why are you incapable of winning the pick-em?

(2) How does Turner's injury change the playoff hopes and dreams of teams in the west like Richlands, Graham, and Marion?

One of these will be covered.....and it won't have anything to do with Union. HAHAHAH

Hey Ryan, there is a guy you may want to try interview for an upcoming podcast, his name is Bill Lane. He was a sports reporter for the Times News in Kingsport for around 50 years and probably knows it better than anyone past or present. He also spent many years playing "Major Amos Hoople" picking games in the Friday editions. I don't know if he has a presence on social media, but if you are interested I can make the contact and try to get you guys together.  

His nephew is my boss and he said Bill had a crowd Sunday at their family reunion telling football stories. My boss said that he has over two hundred stories on just the athletes he covered.

1. Should we include ETSU football in the Pick em?

2. What's the deal with the large TN schools playing so many SWVA schools this cycle? (Boone/GC, Morristown West/Union [possibly the only 6A vs. 2A matchup in VA], TN High/Lee) aside from the stalwart matchups (V-T Game, GC/Sullivan South) -- segway into the per capita superiority of SWVA compared to NETN

2 hours ago, V-Cats said:

2. What's the deal with the large TN schools playing so many SWVA schools this cycle? (Boone/GC, Morristown West/Union [possibly the only 6A vs. 2A matchup in VA], TN High/Lee) aside from the stalwart matchups (V-T Game, GC/Sullivan South) -- segway into the per capita superiority of SWVA compared to NETN

Morristown West is only considered a 4A school by Virginia standards, so Union will only get 4A power points for that game.

41 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Who do you think will be the teams from our region who will make the playoffs and also I'm not sure how many go is it four or eight that make it in each region I haven't heard anyone mention it.

1A Region D is 8 teams.  Last I checked, there was no official word on 2A Region D.

27 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Morristown West is only considered a 4A school by Virginia standards, so Union will only get 4A power points for that game.

1A Region D is 8 teams.  Last I checked, there was no official word on 2A Region D.

I figured 8 but wasn't sure.  It use to be 4 from each region though so I thought they may go back to it.