Central' QB

mw0729

Still no word on Dalton Mullins ? I hate to see such a good player go down. I just hope it's not the end of the year and his high school career. What are your opinions about turf vs grass in the injury dept.There seems to be more year ending knee problems to me on turf vs grass

I hate to hear that. He is a heck of a player. I've watched film of our game against them and I can't figure out where it happened. He was in the game late, I guess the camera just doesn't pick up where it happened. I hope for a speedy recovery for him.

EDIT: I went back and watched film again. While he is playing safety with 7:53 left to go in the game, he takes a vicious block downfield, on the Cats final touchdown. That must be where it happened as that is the last time he is on the field.

Edited by Bearcat Dad
Found new information

32 minutes ago, GC_Quincy said:

Sure hate to hear that. Hasn't he had a lot of injuries? It's possible I'm thinking of someone else but seems like he's been hurt a lot in his time there.

He had a bad ankle injury last season that he tried to fight through.  Even when he came back, he was never 100%.  But he was still tough to handle.  They just overused him.

6 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

I hate to hear that. He is a heck of a player. I've watched film of our game against them and I can't figure out where it happened. He was in the game late, I guess the camera just doesn't pick up where it happened. I hope for a speedy recovery for him.

EDIT: I went back and watched film again. While he is playing safety with 7:53 left to go in the game, he takes a vicious block downfield, on the Cats final touchdown. That must be where it happened as that is the last time he is on the field.

He took an illegal blindside block and received a broken collar bone.

1 hour ago, jonah58 said:

He took an illegal blindside block and received a broken collar bone.

C'mon man. I've seen the film. It was not illegal. Without that block, Mullins makes the tackle. I really do hate it for the kid. He's a hell of a competitor. The block was vicious, but in no way whatsoever was it illegal. If you or anyone else has access to Hudl, it is play #115. It's a good football play with a horrible result for Mullins.

5 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

C'mon man. I've seen the film. It was not illegal. Without that block, Mullins makes the tackle. I really do hate it for the kid. He's a hell of a competitor. The block was vicious, but in no way whatsoever was it illegal. If you or anyone else has access to Hudl, it is play #115. It's a good football play with a horrible result for Mullins.

That block was legal in 2016, but illegal in 2017. I have seen the film and was there friday. If the defender doesn't see it coming you have to lead with your hands. That's the new rule. I didn't say I liked it, but there it is anyway.

39 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

That block was legal in 2016, but illegal in 2017. I have seen the film and was there friday. If the defender doesn't see it coming you have to lead with your hands. That's the new rule. I didn't say I liked it, but there it is anyway.

I know about the rule change. He was hit from the front, plain as day. None of us know if he saw it coming. Our receiver came back up field to make the block. It's not even comparable to a crack back that slot receivers try to make on LBs. Those are the hits that the Powers That Be are trying to eliminate. I really do hate that the young man was injured. I don't want to see ANY kid get injured. I know the kid who made the block very well. He's a good kid who is a hard-nosed football player. He made a good block. We will just have to agree to disagree on whether the block was illegal.

Edit: Going back and watching the film a 3rd time, I saw that Mullins didn't even go down! He braced himself with his hand, on the ground. How do we know that the injury didn't come from that? Over the years I've seen a number of football players break their collarbone when a hand, elbow, or shoulder hits the ground awkwardly. I will continue to pray for him, regardless.

21 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

I know about the rule change. He was hit from the front, plain as day. None of us know if he saw it coming. Our receiver came back up field to make the block. It's not even comparable to a crack back that slot receivers try to make on LBs. Those are the hits that the Powers That Be are trying to eliminate. I really do hate that the young man was injured. I don't want to see ANY kid get injured. I know the kid who made the block very well. He's a good kid who is a hard-nosed football player. He made a good block. We will just have to agree to disagree on whether the block was illegal.

Edit: Going back and watching the film a 3rd time, I saw that Mullins didn't even go down! He braced himself with his hand, on the ground. How do we know that the injury didn't come from that? Over the years I've seen a number of football players break their collarbone when a hand, elbow, or shoulder hits the ground awkwardly. I will continue to pray for him, regardless.

Not gonna sit here and argue about an absolute blind side block. If he saw it coming he wouldn't have been hit helmet to helmet in the ear hole. Again.... not saying I agree with the rule, just saying that block is illegal this year. Go back and watch all you want, you will never agree because of your bias. But if it had been your son or one of your players,  guarantee it was illegal.

1 minute ago, jonah58 said:

Not gonna sit here and argue about an absolute blind side block. If he saw it coming he wouldn't have been hit helmet to helmet in the ear hole. Again.... not saying I agree with the rule, just saying that block is illegal this year. Go back and watch all you want, you will never agree because of your bias. But if it had been your son or one of your players,  guarantee it was illegal.

Ok. I don't make it a habit of going back and forth with an ITG(internet tough guy) and I'm not starting now. The camera doesn't lie, pal. We've went from, in your words, a blindsided block, to a helmet to helmet block. Helmet to helmet hits happen face to face, ALL the time in football. You don't know me enough to know my bias. Enjoy your sour grapes. Good day!

22 hours ago, jonah58 said:

Wait, aren't you biased as well? lol 

I know the rules on crack back blocks were changed this year but I haven't saw the play, and I'm not exactly a neutral observer.