Hypothetical.....Union Vs Blacksburg

BigO

It'd be a barnburner, but I think I'd take Burg in a very close one. I don't know that there's a 2A team in the state that can match Burgs team speed. Even the "slow" guys are quick. I could see Union going power and trying to run for 500 yards again, but the difference is Blacksburg can and will score quickly, whereas Richlands doesn't possess that big play ability as readily this year. 

Just my two cents. 

Fantasy, well lets say Turner isn't hurt, Union shuts Beck down, no one can stop Mitchell except maybe Appomattox, then we let Jenkins or Owens run the jet sweep. Union by 2 TDs because no one runs on Union, but Turner is hurt , and we don't play...

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

Fantasy, well lets say Turner isn't hurt, Union shuts Beck down, no one can stop Mitchell except maybe Appomattox, then we let Jenkins or Owens run the jet sweep. Union by 2 TDs because no one runs on Union, but Turner is hurt , and we don't play...

If you shut beck down then they will light you up through the air. Everyone thinks Beck is their best player but it's actually Tiquest Terry. And they have about 4 other talented receivers. 

2 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Union will not be able to play with Blacksburg. They have more speed than Appo did last year. You may slow down Beck but Terry will run by every defender that yall have. Even the slower guys like #4 and #7 are faster than anyone on Richlands team and faster than anyone I saw from Union. Blacksburg takes out Union due to being able to score QUICK. 

6 hours ago, local_insight said:

Union will not be able to play with Blacksburg. They have more speed than Appo did last year. You may slow down Beck but Terry will run by every defender that yall have. Even the slower guys like #4 and #7 are faster than anyone on Richlands team and faster than anyone I saw from Union. Blacksburg takes out Union due to being able to score QUICK. 

Sooooo , Blacksburg is undefeated right...didnt think so, where was all that talent????all that speed?????, anyone can loose

27 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

If they can throw , that's how they would give Union fits,More speed than Appomattox?????dang , how did they ever loose

How did you ever get out of high school is the bigger question?

Did the HS you went to not teach spelling?

Stupid autocorrect lol...I sound as bad as him haha

47 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

If they can throw , that's how they would give Union fits,More speed than Appomattox?????dang , how did they ever loose

They can throw, and do it well. 

You don't think they could have more speed than Appomattox? You know the fastest kid in the state plays for Blacksburg right?

Yes I have seen the race, but I will leave this here to you experts of life and spelling, please forgive me for not proofreading every word I type. One question here , has the fastest kid in the state had any offers yet? Or is he going to take Bolts place at the Olympics, oh I know why they lost it's because his Track speed doesn't translate to football speed. Appomattox from top to bottom had the best Team I have ever seen, I have seen both Jones brothers , and all of PV  state games, nothing compares except Greenville Tn. I was not trying to take anything away from BB , but I think they would have to throw on Union

24 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

He probably has no clue about that...or many other things either lol

No clue at all professor, I will take my F in spelling and wear it proudly, besides the only words I know how to spell are 4 letter words and I am afraid to upset your sensitive nature if I were to direct them to word you or the others that seem to be offended when someone disagrees with them

11 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Yes I have seen the race, but I will leave this here to you experts of life and spelling, please forgive me for not proofreading every word I type. One question here , has the fastest kid in the state had any offers yet? Or is he going to take Bolts place at the Olympics, oh I know why they lost it's because his Track speed doesn't translate to football speed. Appomattox from top to bottom had the best Team I have ever seen, I have seen both Jones brothers , and all of PV  state games, nothing compares except Greenville Tn. I was not trying to take anything away from BB , but I think they would have to throw on Union

He has 25+ Division 1 offers. He's the 10th ranked player in Virginia and the 10th ranked all-purpose back in the country. 

Also he isn't Jamaican, so he couldn't take Bolt's place on the Jamaican Olympic team. 

32 minutes ago, EH31 said:

He has 25+ Division 1 offers. He's the 10th ranked player in Virginia and the 10th ranked all-purpose back in the country. 

Also he isn't Jamaican, so he couldn't take Bolt's place on the Jamaican Olympic team. 

I knew this , its called sarcasm WTF 

9 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

I was at the Richlands/Appo game last year and I made the statement "that's the fastest team I've ever seen in high school." 

I call games for Blacksburg now. I have no affiliation with them. Believe me, I was pulling for Richlands to beat them on the inside, while still maintaining professionalism and an unbiased approach on the outside. 

I say that to say this: Blacksburg's team speed would KILL what Appomattox had last year. It's crazy how fast they are. Their "slow" players are faster than most high school players. 

They lost because they played in very sloppy conditions against a very good Class 3 squad that came in and controlled the ball for 36 of the 48 minutes in the game. When you can have multiple 8 minute drives, you keep the ball away and then the rain limited the passing game for Blacksburg. 

Union would be able to keep Blacksburg running game "in check". However, Beck is the fastest player in the state and one of the fastest in the country. If he finds a hole, he's gone. And no one, even Mitchell, can catch him. 

If Union were to stop the run, Blacksburg is 5-6 deep at the WR position, with several burners and the best player on the team, Terry. If he was 4 inches taller, he's a big-time recruit right now, and he may still be before it's all said and done. He's a junior. 

It's no slight to Union. I respect the hell out of that program and what y'all have accomplished in the last 7 years. But Blacksburg would beat Union and every other team in Class 2.