Tazewell at Bluefield

GMan

Just now, Bluefield researcher said:

They haven't played since 1998 and there has never been a game with the score 48-12 either way.

Right. They got that part flubbed up. That’s going to happen from time to time. But after that, the rest of it is fine. 

53 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Lmao... I watched that and thought it was cute.  They never seem to pick Ridgeview either, but neither does the BHC.  It's all good.  We like being the dog.  :)

They've just always brushed our football program off at VHS, but will tell you in a heartbeat that they are the official news station of the State Champion baseball team lol. My kid plays both, but it still kinda gets under my skin after all these years.

I'm out of likes, but you bring up a good point. We kinda like being the dogs too! ?

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Right. They got that part flubbed up. That’s going to happen from time to time. But after that, the rest of it is fine. 

Wrong, they are saying tj kitts scored two TDs against them as well. That was against Graham. They took facts from last year's game of taz vs Graham and said it was against this Bluefield. 

2 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Wrong, they are saying tj kitts scored two TDs against them as well. That was against Graham. They took facts from last year's game of taz vs Graham and said it was against this Bluefield. 

Oh ok. I didn’t remember that Tazewell didn’t play Bluefield last year. I see now. 

Well assessment as promised. Bluefield is best team I've seen all year. They have an unbelieveable duo at rb. I can't say anything bad about playing them. Complaints would be as much as I love the mortar fire from a score, it's kind of a disadvantage from the smoke on ensuing plays. Refs don't really even seem to be in this game. They haven't been signaling much and just kind of walk around. 

Don’t know much about Virginia teams other then Giles and Narrows but Tazewell use to have some pretty solid teams I thought. What has happened? Kids not coming out or declining enrollment or something?

1 hour ago, Wvumav said:

Don’t know much about Virginia teams other then Giles and Narrows but Tazewell use to have some pretty solid teams I thought. What has happened? Kids not coming out or declining enrollment or something?

The tail has been wagging the dog for about a solid decade in Tazewell, but the future is bright for those kids if the community sticks with them.

9 hours ago, Wvumav said:

Sum it up quickly.  Bad, very bad coaching hires.

Now have a program and future but Rome wasn't built in a day.

On 9/18/2017 at 9:39 AM, UVAObserver said:

I'd have a lot more respect for Bluefield's fans if they just owned it.  "Yeah, Freddy really didn't need to score 86 on Wyoming East, or hang 70 in a state title game, or throw a last second TD pass on Graham to hang 76 on them and set an all-time scoring record against them."  The complete inability for Bluefield's fans to achknowledge this decades-long "tradition" is just bizarre.

There's a typical "looking down over their nose" response just because they don't like someone and everyone else's shit stinks but their own.  They'll take just a couple of examples of something they want to see a certain way and use it to paint a picture of a "practice" that gone on for decades.  It's not surprising coming from you where you've been proven wrong so many times over the years around here that you've become more irrelevant than Lindsay Lohan.

If you truly are an attorney I would expect some more facts rather than just throwing out "Freddy likes the RUTS" if you really want to be taken seriously.

Bluefield fans don't need to own something that isn't true just to gain your respect there, Smooth Jimmy Apollo.  You don't really matter to us anyway and we're just fine without your so called "respect."

4 hours ago, bhs7695 said:

There's a typical "looking down over their nose" response just because they don't like someone and everyone else's shit stinks but their own.  They'll take just a couple of examples of something they want to see a certain way and use it to paint a picture of a "practice" that gone on for decades.  It's not surprising coming from you where you've been proven wrong so many times over the years around here that you've become more irrelevant than Lindsay Lohan.

If you truly are an attorney I would expect some more facts rather than just throwing out "Freddy likes the RUTS" if you really want to be taken seriously.

Bluefield fans don't need to own something that isn't true just to gain your respect there, Smooth Jimmy Apollo.  You don't really matter to us anyway and we're just fine without your so called "respect."

Um, pretty sure he had facts that backed up his argument about running up the score. Specific examples. I don't care either way, I just enjoy when someone gets mad at someone for nothing doing something in a post in which they clearly did.

39 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Um, pretty sure he had facts that backed up his argument about running up the score. Specific examples. I don't care either way, I just enjoy when someone gets mad at someone for nothing doing something in a post in which they clearly did.

Precisely what I mean.  Bluefield fans flatly refuse to acknowledge that this has happened, and likely will happen again.  I thought the 4+ hour road trips to faraway destinations to schedule opponents, as well as the multiple 9-game regular seasons, as well as having to play multiple opponents in the same season just to fill a schedule, would reinforce this point.  But nope.  Just the same old failure to face reality.  Can't let little things like objective examples and statistics get in the way.

5 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Precisely what I mean.  Bluefield fans flatly refuse to acknowledge that this has happened, and likely will happen again.  I thought the 4+ hour road trips to faraway destinations to schedule opponents, as well as the multiple 9-game regular seasons, as well as having to play multiple opponents in the same season just to fill a schedule, would reinforce this point.  But nope.  Just the same old failure to face reality.  Can't let little things like objective examples and statistics get in the way.

So, when your second teamers and under classmen get a chance to play, the coach should tell them to not play hard?  You are way off here Hucklebuck!  Continue to pout over getting beat, but then beat your chest when you win.  You sir need to take a look at the reality that you are a sore loser.

5 hours ago, BHS03 said:

If Bluefield "ran up the score" then they would have had 90-100 points.

That's not necessarily true. If a team puts up 60-70 points against an overmatched opponent while doing things like throwing it downfield and running exotic blitzes, they are running up score. Not saying any team in particular, just in general.

6 hours ago, BigWinners said:

That's not necessarily true. If a team puts up 60-70 points against an overmatched opponent while doing things like throwing it downfield and running exotic blitzes, they are running up score. Not saying any team in particular, just in general.

My post was specifically about the Bluefield game last night.

8 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Ah okay. Wasn't there, so I have no idea about what went on during the Bluefield game. 

Bluefield up 49-6 at halftime. Starters played the 1st series/kickoff of 3rd quarter for Bluefield. Backups played the rest of the game. Bluefield only passed 6 times the whole game.

2 hours ago, BHS03 said:

Bluefield up 49-6 at halftime. Starters played the 1st series/kickoff of 3rd quarter for Bluefield. Backups played the rest of the game. Bluefield only passed 6 times the whole game.

That doesn't seem like running up score. Robbins at PV did same thing, starters would play first series after the half and then empty the bench. 

Final word on this for everyone.  I was there.  On the last first team offensive TD Bluefield passed most every play for that score.  Last score by first team was the kickoff return.  Score was not run up in this game.  The two backs were just beasts running it down the field.

I'm not going to say they never run up the score because we don't play them and I don't go to their games.  This one was just normal.  I have far more issues with Graham running up the score more than anybody.  Last year was the prime example.

2 hours ago, stu_bean said:

I have far more issues with Graham running up the score more than anybody.  Last year was the prime example.

Graham beat Tazewell worse this year than last year...don't understand your point.  The last three years have been 42-14 (2015), 48-12 (2016), and 52-8 (2017).  How are you pissed off about last year when the margin of victory has gone 28, 36, 44???