Grayson at Marion

Canes00

6 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I think you guys are overestimating Union some. I thought Marion was a good team this year?

They are good. But they've also played 3 class 1 teams and Tazewell, so not the worlds best competition. I think they are a top 4 team in D, but there's a gap from Union to the pack. 

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

When is first big game against a team from the area? Don't know much about Grayson. 

I'm guessing it'll be Richlands we play Gate City before that but I don't know how good Gate City or if they are good at all lol then we finish wth Virginia High and Graham 

11 minutes ago, Canes00 said:

We don't ever play anyone good according to some

The Chilhowie win is a good win. They are a good Class 1 school, but you would expect a good Class 2 school to win that. Like you said, Va. High, Graham & Richlands are the real tests. I still see Marion as a top 4 seed in D.

Marion has a good team I don't think we are at the level of Union Graham and Richlands but we can play. The thing about the schedule is no big schools is going to wanna play Marion cause it doesn't benefit them due to the power point system. Why play Marion when you can play bigger schools and get more points off them if you beat them. I'd rather play teams like Pulaski Blacksburg Pulaski and Bluefield but it's just not gonna happen.

Another big factor in scheduling is gate receipts. In a school system that isn't going to provide a lot of money for athletics, every ticket counts, and for Marion, OOD games against Chilhowie, Northwood, GW, and Gate City are going to sell a lot more tickets at home than Blacksburg, Pulaski, Bluefield, Christiansburg, etc. because those games mean something to the folks who are of age to come watch the games. Although, I'm going to go ahead and counter my previous statement by saying that I always wanted to see Marion set up a series with Johnson County, TN. They're surprising close geographically (closer than a few SWD games), of comparable enrollment, and have had comparable success historically.

Marion does have a solid team this year. The match up with Grayson County will be interesting. Marion's schedule for a 2A team has not been the strongest, but wins over George Wythe and Chilhowie is certainly better than blowing out 2  weak 2A schools., imo.

Grayson has always played good football. Marion should not sleep on them, or they will Get beat. Expect a tough games from the guys from Independence. Marion 28 Grayson 7.

Marion absolutely is on the level of Union this year AT THIS TIME. Meaning........Union is not the same team without Turner. They simply have had a huge drop off offensively. I think if they played, its Union 27, Marion 14 or 17. I think "on the same level" applies to a 10-13 point spread. Why? Because, ever week, especially in college ball, teams that are 10-13 points than one team can easily lose. If Turner is healthy, Union by 24 points. Marion is much better than they have been. Also, very well coached.

On Saturday, September 16, 2017 at 6:15 PM, BigWinners said:

When will Marion play a good team?

You need to wake and smell the roses. Marion has 2 real good wins over 2 good 1A schools, Chilhowie and George Wythe, both could beat several 2A Teams,  IMO. They are some good football played in SWVA in addition to BSG, IMO also. I would never belittle any team of teenagers that play the game by saying their team is no good. Grow up!

On 9/18/2017 at 7:40 AM, SWVAFB said:

You need to wake and smell the roses. Marion has 2 real good wins over 2 good 1A schools, Chilhowie and George Wythe, both could beat several 2A Teams,  IMO. They are some good football played in SWVA in addition to BSG, IMO also. I would never belittle any team of teenagers that play the game by saying their team is no good. Grow up!

You didn't read my posts did you? I gave Marion all kinds of credit as well as believing they were on same level of Union. They haven't been tested by a very good 2A team, true or false?

And I'm sorry, if a teenager can't handle the truth if they play on a bad team they have a rough time ahead. I don't insult the kids and I respect all those that go out there and bust their ass. I didn't insult the kids by saying their respective teams aren't good. If a team isn't good, they're bad. I'm not belitting anyone, I was stating facts. Learn to grasp the overall meaning of a post.