William Byrd @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

4 hours ago, tbgfan said:

Gosh fellas, when is the funeral scheduled for the Blues?   Usually when someone is deceased there are kind words.   In post game show on Friday night, heard announcers talking about Blacksburg's season last year with 5 losses,  and going on to win the state championship.  Their starting QB in those losses was Cole Beck, switched Johnson to QB and we know the rest of the story.  If Coach Wells can rework his team, I have confidence that Coach Mance can make the necessary adjustments also.  The Blues may not have the big playmakers this season, but they are a hard nosed team.  Good coaching brings out the skills in a player, and elevates the skills of a playmaker.  All of the playmakers that have worn a Blues uniform,  would not have been as successful without the coaching they received,  and the cast of players surrounding them. 

GO BLUES

Beck was NEVER the QB....Johnston started game 1 against giles last year at QB

18 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Beck was NEVER the QB....Johnston started game 1 against giles last year at QB

Correct. Johnston was always the QB. What they did was rotate Beck, Terry and one other guy at RB. It took Wells time to figure out how to use them all as well as him abandoning the constant onside and no punt rule. 

10 hours ago, Falcon Mania said:

The other question I have is.  Why would Richlands even schedule a 4A school.  I can understand scheduling a 3A cause of points.  But to try and jump 2 levels just doesn't make sense.

Nothing against the Blues. But maybe Mance wants more than 1 title? Whooping everyone West of Roanoke (usually)is one thing but competition isn't exactly great outside of Union and Graham of late. And Abingdon occasionally. 

19 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Correct. Johnston was always the QB. What they did was rotate Beck, Terry and one other guy at RB. It took Wells time to figure out how to use them all as well as him abandoning the constant onside and no punt rule. 

And the assistant coaches and your head coach telling him "too much talent out there to be giving teams the ball at midfield consistently"

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I know it's probably 5 & 5 as to home & away but Lord it seems like Richlands plays at Ernie Hicks every single week lol

3 of their first 4 are at home. Then 3 straight on the road. Then 2 of the last 3 at home. 

3 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I know it's probably 5 & 5 as to home & away but Lord it seems like Richlands plays at Ernie Hicks every single week lol

Ridgeview actually has 6 at home this year and only 4 away.  We already have 3/4 of the away games out of the way. Lol.  I assume it will be opposite next year though with 4 at home and 6 away.

22 hours ago, starcityfootballfan said:

I am going with Richlands in this one ...

Richlands 24  William Byrd 23

Hey SCFB are you trying to be like the poster from Bluefield a while back, believe his moniker was BlueStallion, BlueHorse, something along those lines, who used reverse psychology with his picks.

On 9/19/2017 at 9:27 AM, Bluefield researcher said:

Last year Byrd was 3A. This year 4 students over the limit and VHSL denied their appeal to stay 3A.

On 9/19/2017 at 0:37 PM, Suit Up said:

No they weren't.. they played Salem in the first round of 4A playoffs last year.

It was actually the 3rd round of the 4A West playoffs...Salem won 24-17

You may be thinking of Blacksburg who went from 3A last year to 4A this year.  Also, Byrd does have fewer students than several Class AAA schools, but they are the smallest 4A school.

47 minutes ago, GMan said:

It was actually the 3rd round of the 4A West playoffs...Salem won 24-17

You may be thinking of Blacksburg who went from 3A last year to 4A this year.  Also, Byrd does have fewer students than several Class AAA schools, but they are the smallest 4A school.

I knew it was one of those rounds...I looked at byrds schedule for last year and translated a 10-2 record to losing round 1 of the playoffs, that's Richlands high school math for you.Of course forgetting 4A west having a 12 team playoff field threw me off too.

All I want to know is what is Richlands going to do about there offense and running game! Isn't #44 the nephew of Devon Johnson why haven't Mance tried him at RB it couldn't hurt to see if it's in his genes to be as good as his uncle was could it! Just asking cause I heard a lot of people asking why they haven't tried him yet but whatever they do they need to get it going!

1 minute ago, BlackWolf5 said:

All I want to know is what is Richlands going to do about there offense and running game! Isn't #44 the nephew of Devon Johnson why haven't Mance tried him at RB it couldn't hurt to see if it's in his genes to be as good as his uncle was could it! Just asking cause I heard a lot of people asking why they haven't tried him yet but whatever they do they need to get it going!

You’re gonna die on that hill, aren’t you? You’ve been preaching to run 44 for 2 years now lol.