William Byrd @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

1 minute ago, BlackWolf5 said:

If Richlands doesn't get its player back in the weight room they are going to lose a lot more games cause it definitely shows on the field that they haven't been lifting!!! Offense line is losing the battle up front, rb going down on first contact, receivers not able to squeeze the ball in and qb not able to get the ball to his receivers! Now defense needs to get stronger and be able to tackle and take a ball carrier down at contact and not get drag for 5yds and play more physical and get after it! All 11 needs to be getting to the ball and not just standing around watching! They can turn it around but it's going to have to take them to believe in there selves and each other! The 12 man is always behind you guys it's time for you guys to start playing some football!!!

If you think they don't lift, you don't know this team...

People are talking like richlands has been beat by just sum ok teams..the three losses have been by 3 great teams .....i look for them to turn things around in the next week or 2...they may end up 5-5 on the season but they will be a very good 5-5 team...that could pull sum upsets in the playoffs..

5 minutes ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

People are talking like richlands has been beat by just sum ok teams..the three losses have been by 3 great teams .....i look for them to turn things around in the next week or 2...they may end up 5-5 on the season but they will be a very good 5-5 team...that could pull sum upsets in the playoffs..

Their opponents combined record (who have beaten Richlands) is 14-1. And Bluefield is 5-0...

35 minutes ago, BlackWolf5 said:

If Richlands doesn't get its player back in the weight room they are going to lose a lot more games cause it definitely shows on the field that they haven't been lifting!!! Offense line is losing the battle up front, rb going down on first contact, receivers not able to squeeze the ball in and qb not able to get the ball to his receivers! Now defense needs to get stronger and be able to tackle and take a ball carrier down at contact and not get drag for 5yds and play more physical and get after it! All 11 needs to be getting to the ball and not just standing around watching! They can turn it around but it's going to have to take them to believe in there selves and each other! The 12 man is always behind you guys it's time for you guys to start playing some football!!!

I look forward to your elaborate, head scratching posts. 

I'm not going to sugar coat it for you....Richlands should be 4-0 all three game they lost they should've won! Mental mistakes and getting beat physically lost those games! Take it anyway you want it but Richlands better get things right cause Bluefield, Graham, Marion and Va. High is all wanting to knock Richlands out of making the playoffs so keep making excuses and they'll keep right on losing!!

And your right Ryan4VT I don't know what Richlands football team does at prac but I do know what I see on Friday nights and that's Richlands plays like crap in the second half of the game and that tells me there not strong enough to compete and mental game starts to effect them when the person in front of them is pushing them all over the field but you know this team better than me so we'll see

57 minutes ago, BlackWolf5 said:

I'm not going to sugar coat it for you....Richlands should be 4-0 all three game they lost they should've won! Mental mistakes and getting beat physically lost those games! Take it anyway you want it but Richlands better get things right cause Bluefield, Graham, Marion and Va. High is all wanting to knock Richlands out of making the playoffs so keep making excuses and they'll keep right on losing!!

What?  Should be 4-0.  Ummm, no, Richlands actually, should not be 4-0.  One loss was to the defending state champions (Class 3A) who are now Class 4A who just throttled Salem (the defending 4A state champions).  They destroyed Salem much worse than they did Richlands.  William Byrd lost 2 times last year to the defending State Champs in Salem.  That's all they lost.   They lost by 3 in the regular season to them, then again in the playoffs by 7.  Richlands lost to a Union team that is their best since the school formed.  With that written, when Turner was healthy.  Richlands has lost to 3 state title caliber teams.  Graham is a threat to make a deep-deep run in Class 2A and Bluefield is a threat to win the whole thing in 2A West Virginia.  The schedule is crazy tough.  Marion and Va High ain't beating the Blues and Graham and Bluefield will be close.  Richlands is 5-5 at worst, and go ahead and hope your team faces them in the first or second round of the playoffs.  I can assure that if Giles or Graham has to face them early in the playoffs (because a team like Graham is going to get a much higher seed) they are going to be a bit worried.  Lets face it.  It's not your typical Va High Bearcats in round 1 of the playoffs or even Martinsville.  It's Richlands, and even at 5-5, they are a threat.  By the way, they ain't 5-5 yet.  They can beat Bluefield and Graham.  I'm not saying they will, but they certainly can do it.

3 hours ago, BlackWolf5 said:

Bahahaha at should be 4-0

10 hours ago, TTownTigers said:

What?  Should be 4-0.  Ummm, no, Richlands actually, should not be 4-0.  One loss was to the defending state champions (Class 3A) who are now Class 4A who just throttled Salem (the defending 4A state champions).  They destroyed Salem much worse than they did Richlands.  William Byrd lost 2 times last year to the defending State Champs in Salem.  That's all they lost.   They lost by 3 in the regular season to them, then again in the playoffs by 7.  Richlands lost to a Union team that is their best since the school formed.  With that written, when Turner was healthy.  Richlands has lost to 3 state title caliber teams.  Graham is a threat to make a deep-deep run in Class 2A and Bluefield is a threat to win the whole thing in 2A West Virginia.  The schedule is crazy tough.  Marion and Va High ain't beating the Blues and Graham and Bluefield will be close.  Richlands is 5-5 at worst, and go ahead and hope your team faces them in the first or second round of the playoffs.  I can assure that if Giles or Graham has to face them early in the playoffs (because a team like Graham is going to get a much higher seed) they are going to be a bit worried.  Lets face it.  It's not your typical Va High Bearcats in round 1 of the playoffs or even Martinsville.  It's Richlands, and even at 5-5, they are a threat.  By the way, they ain't 5-5 yet.  They can beat Bluefield and Graham.  I'm not saying they will, but they certainly can do it.

I'd love to see Giles face Richlands for the simple fact that we would still be playing in the 3rd week of the playoffs.

That's the earliest Giles could play them since they are in a different region

11 hours ago, BlackWolf5 said:

So you admit that Richlands was physically inferior in 3/4 games, but you still think they should be 4-0? Richlands had less than 100 total yards on offense but you still think should be 4-0?

The talent level isn't no where near as high this year as what It was last year and the 3 teams they've lost to would've beat every team on Richlands regular season schedule last year. It's really as simple as that. Less talent playing better teams..  no you shouldn't be 4-0

Richlands in all fairness had an unreal schedule.. and they're record is exactly what it should be. 1-3... but they're better than a 1-3 football team. I know that those kids pound the weight room hard and that it's not a lack of coaching, preparation, etc. They'll be just fine, they'll get back on track and finish out the rest of the season with anywhere from 0 to 2 losses imo.

I will ask this question though... how hard do you think it is for a high school O-Line to go from passing the ball 30+ times a game and not really having a running attack to becoming a balanced or run dominate team? It's a different mind set and different approach. Your first step run blocking is forwards.. and for the Tornadoes I think that this better balanced approach has some adjusting to. They'll be fine and wouldn't surprise me if they even won out.. but thoughts on that?

16 hours ago, BlackWolf5 said:

And your right Ryan4VT I don't know what Richlands football team does at prac but I do know what I see on Friday nights and that's Richlands plays like crap in the second half of the game and that tells me there not strong enough to compete and mental game starts to effect them when the person in front of them is pushing them all over the field but you know this team better than me so we'll see

I'm glad I don't think the way you see...

Yeah Union racked up like 400 yards and held Richlands to approx. 100. Don't think Richlands is better than Union last year, and there's no way RHS is better than BBurg or WB.

It's an insanely tough schedule, but I think the 1-3 record is correct given the level of competition and the rebuilding after losing such a great senior class last season.

You guys are crazy Richlands is a better team than any opponent they've played so far it's just mental mistakes and turnovers that's killing them! I'm not even from Richlands and I have more faith in them than you guys do! I guess you had already put the L on them before they even played Union, Blacksburg & William Byrd! Do you think they can beat Bluefield or should we just make excuses for them cause they're 5-0 right now

29 minutes ago, BlackWolf5 said:

You guys are crazy Richlands is a better team than any opponent they've played so far it's just mental mistakes and turnovers that's killing them! I'm not even from Richlands and I have more faith in them than you guys do! I guess you had already put the L on them before they even played Union, Blacksburg & William Byrd! Do you think they can beat Bluefield or should we just make excuses for them cause they're 5-0 right now

LOL. I "put the L" on them before they played Union, Blacksburg, & William Byrd because I knew, as well as many rational Richlands fans knew, that those teams were MORE talented. 

You said that you're not from Richlands.. can I guess where you're from? Bradshaw? Berwind? 

47 minutes ago, BlackWolf5 said:

You're trolling, obviously not a true Blues fan. Just someone trying to make Blues fans look silly. 

I wasn't sure who'd win in RHS/Union game. But afterwards, I had zero doubt Union was better. 

And Richlands better than Byrd or BBurg? Lol no, not even close.

I'm from tazewell but been in Richlands for some time now! So your telling me if you was to go into Richlands locker room before the game you would tell them boys they don't stand a chance just take your pads of boys cause they have more talent then you guys you can't beat them! And you say your a true Richlands fan cause a true fan knows any team can be beaten on any night!

1 hour ago, BlackWolf5 said:

I'm from tazewell but been in Richlands for some time now! So your telling me if you was to go into Richlands locker room before the game you would tell them boys they don't stand a chance just take your pads of boys cause they have more talent then you guys you can't beat them! And you say your a true Richlands fan cause a true fan knows any team can be beaten on any night!

I wouldn't go into Eastside's locker room and tell them they had no shot before a game against Salem. But that doesn't mean they stand a chance. RHS was not better this season than any of the three teams that defeated them, there's no shame in it.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:37 AM, Hokiebird7 said:

I'd love to see Giles face Richlands for the simple fact that we would still be playing in the 3rd week of the playoffs.

That's the earliest Giles could play them since they are in a different region

Wouldn't it be 4th week? I thought winner of C and winner of D played in the semis