Lee vs ridgeveiw

Gobigred94

18 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

It's how bad they beat Lebanon which concerns me... we only tied Lebanon (6-6) in a scrimmage.  BUT, I think we've improved leaps and bounds since then also.

That does not concern me in the least Scrimmage = Practice.....I would like to know what Lee is running this year the kid that hurt us last season graduated was wondering who has stepped up for them because pre season I thought that they would be on the weaker side of things

44 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

It's how bad they beat Lebanon which concerns me... we only tied Lebanon (6-6) in a scrimmage.  BUT, I think we've improved leaps and bounds since then also.

I'm sure you have, when we (Union) done the scrimmage at Betsy and Benefit game at home with VA High, I thought we were ruined just by seeing our O-Line at the time was well short of average. Now look at where they are at. 

Go give em' hell RV!

23 minutes ago, Counts said:

That does not concern me in the least Scrimmage = Practice.....I would like to know what Lee is running this year the kid that hurt us last season graduated was wondering who has stepped up for them because pre season I thought that they would be on the weaker side of things

It's the Tyler Crusenberry show. 

Ethan Wynn is getting some carries as well, but shut down Crusenberry and put your best DB on Sam Pennington and it's game over. 

59 minutes ago, Counts said:

They run multiple bunch and unbalanced formations with Jet and qb counter/trap off of jet. Mainly they are trying to outflank the defense to get to the edge and loosen up the inside for the qb stuff. They have some skill guys

I've had the opportunity to check out both squads.  This year's Lee Generals have a couple of really good lineman and several swift backs.  I think they are playing with more confidence than they did last year.  Ridgeview's Wolfpack have some mighty fine skill players and play with a real determination and toughness - but RV may have to concede line play to the boys from Lee County.  I think the game should be very competitive, and assuming both teams are healthy, suspect it will likely be determined by turnovers and penalties.  One team will make a big mistake somewhere along the way - enough to make the difference.  In evenly matched games here is SWVA, I go with home field advantage.  Also I do think Ridgeview has played a better schedule so far this season.  So I pick the Pack by 6. 

Lee definitely has the talent to go to Rosey Ridge and get a win.  Even though Ridgeview has struggled the last few years, Coach Mullins has established himself as one of the best coaches in southwest virginia.  Should be a good ball game.

I think rv is improving and there d played great 90% of the game but to me they did seem to start getting wore down in the 2nd half ....... there is no doubt union is a better team than Lee not that Lee is not capable of pulling an upset if union comes out going through the motions 

On 9/23/2017 at 11:30 AM, Gobigred94 said:

Lee has to hold on to the ball. Mistakes kills you in any game. Ridgeview defense had a good game

This... We had a Pick Six, a Scoop and Score, another Lee fumble inside their own 5 which led to another Ridgeview score on the next play and a safety.

Union should have no problem with Lee based on what I saw.  As I told a couple of the Union players over at UVa-Wise yesterday, if Union gets past Morristown West next week, I think the Bears go 10-0.

2 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

This... We had a Pick Six, a Scoop and Score, another Lee fumble inside their own 5 which led to another Ridgeview score on the next play and a safety.

Union should have no problem with Lee based on what I saw.  As I told a couple of the Union players over at UVa-Wise yesterday, if Union gets past Morristown West next week, I think the Bears go 10-0.

I disagree, but see your point.

Turnovers had not been a problem for Lee up to this point. They had that many turnovers and yet it was still just a three point game, plus they made a game of it despite being down 21-0.  This shows me they dont give up. 

If they dont turn the ball over I see the union game as a close game. 

1 hour ago, Lee2000 said:

Depends on how well they stop the rushing attack too! :)

That's the strength of Unions team. No team has managed to have any success on the ground v. Union. The pass defense is leaky, but the rush defense is extremely good. I'm not sure any team in the MD can beat Union relying on the run.