Giles vs Floyd

nrv_football

Floyd has not given Giles a competitive game for about the last 6 or 7 years. All blow-outs, all over in the 1st qtr. Giles is probably as good offensively as they have been most of those years, so Floyd will have to of improved tremendously to hang. I'll take Giles 38-7

Floyd had about 210 yas of offense against fort, probably 120 in fourth quarter. Fort's def is very good. I see Giles wearing them down. If fort had an new offensive coordinator that game would have been much different. His split veer stinks but that is all he knows how to run. Floyd has a good d also

I'm usually not one to ever complain about coaching, but if Williams doesn't start airing it out some, he's gonna get Beidleman killed because he has to do it all. Horrible play calling tonight kept Floyd in the game. But a win is a win, if we play call against Glenvar like tonight then they will beat us by 30

Just now, SWVAgridiron said:

I'm usually not one to ever complain about coaching, but if Williams doesn't start airing it out some, he's gonna get Beidleman killed because he has to do it all. Horrible play calling tonight kept Floyd in the game. But a win is a win, if we play call against Glenvar like tonight then they will beat us by 30

Dude we hardly ever throw the ball until we have to...you should know that by now...it's nothing new...we are a ground and pound team not a passing team

4 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Giles needs to find another back to take the load off of Beidleman. Floyd keyed him and did a decent job most of the night on defense. 

Mistakes kept Floyd in the game and the fact that Floyd is a damn good football team kept them in the game. Giles up 10 to 0 and having the ball with a fumble returned for TD by Floyd hurt. Having punt blocked and Floyd gets on 1 yard line hurts. Giles played about as bad as they could and still won the game 38 to 17. Not always pretty but they beat a good team. Ill take it anyday.

12 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

Giles needs to find another back to take the load off of Beidleman. Floyd keyed him and did a decent job most of the night on defense. 

Giles took what Floyd gave them. Floyd pretty much took the outside away, so Giles plugged away up the middle. Took advantage of turnovers and field position. Defense really only gave up 3 points tonight and got a shut out last week, so I'm glad to see this young defense coming along with a few games experience.

22 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I have no complaints on defense. But when you run 44 15 times and it doesn't work, don't try that play 20 more times. We attempted 2 pass attempts and had people open all over the place both times. When the defense is stacking the box, you pass it some to back them off.

I kept hearing people around me complaining about running the same plays over and over, but Giles was getting 5, 6 yards a pop. Floyd was playing linebackers and defensive backs farther back than anybody Giles has played this year. They were not stacking the box. They shut down the wing back plays. Giles had the lead the whole game. They are not going to throw much and not much st all with the lead. 

41 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I have no complaints on defense. But when you run 44 15 times and it doesn't work, don't try that play 20 more times. We attempted 2 pass attempts and had people open all over the place both times. When the defense is stacking the box, you pass it some to back them off.

Sampson and I are laughing at u dweeb!  Giles has four rocks of stone. Because running ball.  You have pebbles for nuts. 

4 minutes ago, Dookthecook said:

Sampson and I are laughing at u dweeb!  Giles has four rocks of stone. Because running ball.  You have pebbles for nuts. 

Maybe it's the Jameson's and Giles Co. fire water getting to me after the Hoos beatdown of Boise but this made me laugh pretty hard.  Thank you sir.

For the love of God, what on Earth did your last two posts mean?  What do they mean?  What kind of a sentence is "Because running ball."  I think the real question is.......what the heck are you "cooking."  Sir, you may be one episode or event away from making you a star in the sequel of "One flew over the cuckoo's nest."

9 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Floyd IMO is not that good of a team. But we'll see what happens with Glenvar.

While being from the holler aroung the BIg E Ewing.  TO me you should so gradutationtude.  Giles thumps W more then they eva lose. On scale on 1-10. 10 being a couch tater fan. You be a 10. Not much seems to be with ya. Ask Tazewell what use to be and now is.  Hmmm. seems like you'n bit off base.  By da way  somatimes other teams have boyz to you know? You know? Ruby gal knows!

On 9/23/2017 at 9:33 AM, Dookthecook said:

While being from the holler aroung the BIg E Ewing.  TO me you should so gradutationtude.  Giles thumps W more then they eva lose. On scale on 1-10. 10 being a couch tater fan. You be a 10. Not much seems to be with ya. Ask Tazewell what use to be and now is.  Hmmm. seems like you'n bit off base.  By da way  somatimes other teams have boyz to you know? You know? Ruby gal knows!

4 hours ago, singlewinger92 said:

To say Floyd is not that good is ridiculous,  they have a great defense.

Yeah, Floyd likely goes 8-2. Unless Radford can hang with them. Probably even get a higher playoff seeding than Giles unless the Spartans beat Glenvar. Floyd wasn't very impressive on offense, but their defense is pretty good and will win some games for them even if the offense struggles. Plus they got a strong kicking game. That boy can hammer some punts.