Questions for this weeks Podcast?

Ryan4VT

(1) Why do Gate City's fans whine, cry, and moan like a gaggle of prepubescent schoolgirls over every little thing even tangentially negative about Gate City football?

(2) How did you really feel about broadcasting a Richlands defeat while working for the other side?

(3) How possible is it that Marion is 7-0 when it hosts Richlands in Week 8?

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Interview Oscar Bradburn!  That would be a must-listen.

If this was a college sports podcast, I'd go for it haha. He seems like a nice dude. I'd also interview Henri Murphy so you guys can understand that as "hick" as we are in SWVA, you can't understand a damn thing that boy says. His backwoods Arkansas accent is hard to understand. 

10 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

If this was a college sports podcast, I'd go for it haha. He seems like a nice dude. I'd also interview Henri Murphy so you guys can understand that as "hick" as we are in SWVA, you can't understand a damn thing that boy says. His backwoods Arkansas accent is hard to understand. 

You should get Henri Murphy and Ed Orgeron on, just for comedic value.

Say a team with a nice winning streak, such as Appomattox, has the streak snapped. Of course Appomattox has the talent and is very likely to repeat as the 2A champion. Since Appomattox lost to Heritage, all of 2A has taken notice. How do they go forward? What I mean is, despite their obvious capability, what do you think it does to their mindset and the mindset of other teams?

We all know Appomattox will still likely win but one has to wonder about the strategy Heritage used. 

5 hours ago, trumpet1988 said:

Say a team with a nice winning streak, such as Appomattox, has the streak snapped. Of course Appomattox has the talent and is very likely to repeat as the 2A champion. Since Appomattox lost to Heritage, all of 2A has taken notice. How do they go forward? What I mean is, despite their obvious capability, what do you think it does to their mindset and the mindset of other teams?

We all know Appomattox will still likely win but one has to wonder about the strategy Heritage used. 

I would say the stategy heritage used was talent...that nobody in SWVA can come close to matching

Hypothetical: 

lets say Richlands High School wasn't open anymore.. and you (and/or Brady if he's on this week) HAD to pick ONE new school to support, which school would you choose as a fan? Or you could answer it as if you were still in school, which school would you choose to attend?

Explanations as to why you chose what you chose would be cool. 

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

Hypothetical: 

lets say Richlands High School wasn't open anymore.. and you (and/or Brady if he's on this week) HAD to pick ONE new school to support, which school would you choose as a fan? Or you could answer it as if you were still in school, which school would you choose to attend?

Explanations as to why you chose what you chose would be cool. 

That's a tough one 

A little bit different but the subject has been on my mind lately. 

Say you you were an athletic director or coach. How would you--personally--use athletics to connect with students that have special needs? How do you go about including them if they are able to play?

31 minutes ago, Battleborn said:

Hypothetical situation each county has 1 school(i know its not gonna happen) but which county would be the most dominate in football or all sports and why 

Football: Tazewell and Wise.  The other counties really wouldn't be close.  For other sports, Washington would hold a pretty decisive edge in most.  Sheer numbers.

18 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

2A champion comes out of Region C more than likely. But if not C then A or B. I don't see any team from D beating Appomattox or Glenvar in the semis right now.

I think several teams in D match up well with Glenvar.  Appo, not as strong as last year, but still formidable.

2 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

2A champion comes out of Region C more than likely. But if not C then A or B. I don't see any team from D beating Appomattox or Glenvar in the semis right now.

Has Glenvar gotten that much better since Graham scrimmaged them? 

22 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Football: Tazewell and Wise.  The other counties really wouldn't be close.  For other sports, Washington would hold a pretty decisive edge in most.  Sheer numbers.

You gotta remember, Washington Cty has 4 high schools...AHS, Pat Hen, JBS and Holston. Now, take the best skill players from all 4 schools....and place the best linemen around them. Finally, take the best coaches out of all 4.    Tazewell has just the 2 schools...RHS and THS, right? Wise has how many?  I'm not saying you are wrong, but did you honestly think about your response or is that a knee jerk answer?