Region D Power Points (1A, 2A UNOFFICIAL)

swva_havok_fan

With the first set of official power points usually coming out after the week 5 games, I thought I'd provide a look at what I have through week 4:

Note:  These are unofficial and people like VHSL Helper has been doing this a whole lot longer than I have.  So, I am bound to make mistakes.  Also, this is using the system used from last year assuming no changes were made.

1A Region D:

1. Patrick Henry 17
  2. Honaker 15
  3. Hurley 14.75
  4. Castlewood 13.5
  5. Northwood 12.5
  6. Grundy 12.33333
  7. Thomas Walker 12.25
  8. Chilhowie 12
  9. Holston 11.5
  10. Twin Valley 8.75
  11. J. I. Burton 8.33333
  12. Eastside 8.33333
  13. Rye Cove 6.75
  14. Twin Springs 6.5

2A Region D:

1. Marion 21.5
  2. Union 20.5
  3. Virginia High 19.25
  4. Ridgeview 18.5
  5. Graham 17.33333
  6. Lee High 17.25
  7. Grayson County 15.5
  8. John Battle 15.5
  9. Wise Central 14
  10. Richlands 13.66667
  11. Lebanon 11.5
  12. Tazewell 11.25
  13. Gate City 10.75

1 hour ago, trumpet1988 said:

This picture will definitely change. Richlands will definitely move up as the season progresses. Marion seems off to a good start. 

What worries me about Richlands is that they could easily lose 3 more games this season and end up at 5-5. They definitely have the hardest schedule in 2A.

28 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

What worries me about Richlands is that they could easily lose 3 more games this season and end up at 5-5. They definitely have the hardest schedule in 2A.

Who are possible losses besides William Byrd?

6 minutes ago, trumpet1988 said:

Who are possible losses besides William Byrd?

They still have William Byrd, Bluefield, Graham, Marion, VA High, Tazewell, and Lebanon. With those teams left on the schedule, Tazewell and Lebanon are the only two games left that are easy victories. They'll probably be favored to lose to Byrd and Bluefield, will be favored against VA High (although not without a fight), and Graham and Marion at this point would appear to be 50-50 games. 

Thanks for posting! I was hoping somebody would get things started. I'm no good with the numbers so I rely on brighter minds..lol.. Interesting start to the season. I definitely see some great 1st and 2nd round games shaping up in 2A.

1 minute ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

I know it's probably too early to ask, but if Union and Marion run the table (or both end up 9-1) who would out point the other?

Good question I'm thinking probably Marion due to the fact I don't think Chilhowie will lose again and there is good chance George Wythe won't lose another one either. I think with Burton and Letcher County being down it'll hurt Union somewhat.

1 minute ago, Canes00 said:

Good question I'm thinking probably Marion due to the fact I don't think Chilhowie will lose again and there is good chance George Wythe won't lose another one either. I think with Burton and Letcher County being down it'll hurt Union somewhat.

Well, Union does have Morristown West coming up soon. But they are down a bit aswell. Time will tell.

12 hours ago, Canes00 said:

And least we forget Gate City isn't going to help anyone with points.  Sorry to my GC fans but its true.  I'm trying to find a win and with all that's going on in GC I can't.

Just now, Falcon Mania said:

And least we forget Gate City isn't going to help anyone with points.  Sorry to my GC fans but its true.  I'm trying to find a win and with all that's going on in GC I can't.

Maybe Central with Mullins being out for the season now... but that's questionable.

1 hour ago, Falcon Mania said:

Though I'm sure GC will be underdogs in 4 of their final 5, I still believe they can get it going and slip in. Obviously, they'll need some breaks to go their way. Getting a few injured kids back will be key. Lot of ball left!

i suspect that RICHLANDS will determine everyones seating in the playoffs.They played UNION, GATE CITY,they will play GRAHAM,MARION among others.Iknow some people are writting them off but they will peak in the next few weeks and i dont see them any lower than a 4 seat

19 minutes ago, OLINE77 said:

That is one of the weakest 1A Region D groups I have seen in a long time.  Chilhowie is probably the best team in that Region

Guessing it will be Chilhowie and Grundy in the Region finals looking at those teams.