Region D Power Points (1A, 2A UNOFFICIAL)

swva_havok_fan

15 hours ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

I know it's probably too early to ask, but if Union and Marion run the table (or both end up 9-1) who would out point the other?

It's to early to tell but if Union doesn't get away from the wildcat and get Qualls in a QB and go back to Union football i feel it will be a long season from here on out. Mitchell is a heck of a player i just don't think he will survive many games with what they are trying to do right now. Jut my opinion.

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

i suspect that RICHLANDS will determine everyones seating in the playoffs.They played UNION, GATE CITY,they will play GRAHAM,MARION among others.Iknow some people are writting them off but they will peak in the next few weeks and i dont see them any lower than a 4 seat

Richlands is staring down a third loss this week.  They still play Bluefield, which is a likely 4th loss.  I'd give Richlands the nod over Graham and Marion, but a worst case scenario has Richlands at 4-6.  That is likely enough based on how many teams from D get in, but my goodness, Richlands could potentially be a 6-seed or worse.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

Richlands is staring down a third loss this week.  They still play Bluefield, which is a likely 4th loss.  I'd give Richlands the nod over Graham and Marion, but a worst case scenario has Richlands at 4-6.  That is likely enough based on how many teams from D get in, but my goodness, Richlands could potentially be a 6-seed or worse.

I may be wrong but my understanding is that all regions a,b,c,d, sends 8 teams to the playoffs =32 teams, with a champion playing b and c playing d, those winners then play for state. RICHLANDS figured in because they play all of the top teams=points plus teams they beat = points for the teams that beat them.MANCE will win a game or two that has a better team because of coaching and tradition,THEY have BYRD and BLUEFEILD after that they should be good= 6/4

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Here you go Falcons Fans

3A Region D Power Points Unofficial:

1. Lord Botetourt 25
  2. Staunton River 23
  3. Abingdon 19.25
  4. Northside 18
  5. Magna Vista 16.66667
  6. Tunstall 15.66667
  7. Cave Spring 15
  8. Alleghany 14.33333
  9. Patrick County 13.5
  10. Hidden Valley 13.5
  11. Christiansburg 10.75

I would hate to be stuck in a region with SR and LB...

8 hours ago, gwave0333 said:

Guessing it will be Chilhowie and Grundy in the Region finals looking at those teams.

Grundy? Doubtful. Honaker or Patrick Henry. Although Grundy is improving, doubtful they have anything close to a weapon that can get them to round 3. 

6 minutes ago, NewHampshireRed said:

Grundy? Doubtful. Honaker or Patrick Henry. Although Grundy is improving, doubtful they have anything close to a weapon that can get them to round 3. 

Grundy could/should be 3-0 vs. 3 2A teams. The Golden Wave aren't bad and in my opinion, will win the BDD. But, that's why they play the games. 

9 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

Grundy could/should be 3-0 vs. 3 2A teams. The Golden Wave aren't bad and in my opinion, will win the BDD. But, that's why they play the games. 

I'll agree on the BDD. Only 50/50 against Honaker with lack of CB play, Honaker can air it out. They just lack the big play playmaker. Will become difficult IMO. I wish them the best, truly do. Lord knows Hurley isn't going anywhere. 

37 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

If Ridgeview doesn't have 6,000 yards in penalties in the Grundy game, that game isn't even close. Sorry. 

I do believe that the Wave is top of the class in the BDD though. 

1 hour ago, NewHampshireRed said:

I'll agree on the BDD. Only 50/50 against Honaker with lack of CB play, Honaker can air it out. They just lack the big play playmaker. Will become difficult IMO. I wish them the best, truly do. Lord knows Hurley isn't going anywhere. 

Honaker won’t have Hubbard this week. How much will that play into the result? 

8 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

If Ridgeview doesn't have 6,000 yards in penalties in the Grundy game, that game isn't even close. Sorry. 

I do believe that the Wave is top of the class in the BDD though. 

Grundy also had 6,000 yards in penalties as well so yeah, that game was that close.

Also, Grundy out-gained Ridgeview by about 30 yards, only having 1 first down in the 4th and it still was close...

1 hour ago, cityofRaven said:

Grundy also had 6,000 yards in penalties as well so yeah, that game was that close.

Also, Grundy out-gained Ridgeview by about 30 yards, only having 1 first down in the 4th and it still was close...

If you're going by the Mountaineer's stats for that game, they were way off. Dickenson Star had Ridgeview with twice as much penalty yards as Grundy which is most likely correct. We had 2 15 yarders on 2 separate plays. That's 60 yards right there. Mountaineer reported that the second touchdown from Grundy came on a blocked punt and return in the box score. It was a punt return, not a blocked punt. I know you work for Grundy, but that game just wasn't as close as the score seemed to indicate. Just my opinion. As well as you're welcome to yours. We can agree to disagree. I'm pulling for Grundy to win the BDD and think they have a very good shot at it. ☺️

12 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

If you're going by the Mountaineer's stats for that game, they were way off. Dickenson Star had Ridgeview with twice as much penalty yards as Grundy which is most likely correct. We had 2 15 yarders on 2 separate plays. That's 60 yards right there. Mountaineer reported that the second touchdown from Grundy came on a blocked punt and return in the box score. It was a punt return, not a blocked punt. I know you work for Grundy, but that game just wasn't as close as the score seemed to indicate. Just my opinion. As well as you're welcome to yours. We can agree to disagree. I'm pulling for Grundy to win the BDD and think they have a very good shot at it. ☺️

I'm going by the fact that I did play by play on the radio broadcast. :)

It was game one and both teams played sloppy but Grundy had their chances to win that game. 

14 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Here you go Falcons Fans

3A Region D Power Points Unofficial:

1. Lord Botetourt 25
  2. Staunton River 23
  3. Abingdon 19.25
  4. Northside 18
  5. Magna Vista 16.66667
  6. Tunstall 15.66667
  7. Cave Spring 15
  8. Alleghany 14.33333
  9. Patrick County 13.5