FB Score Updates - 9/21 and 9/22/2017

tbgfan

3 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

Dude, stop.  There was a show on TV in the 70's and 80's called "Make me Laugh."  You sir, have just won the game, because I'm about to fall out of my chair.  Grayson County would beat us also, so you don't have to worry about the Scarlet Hurricanes playing the Gate.  It will not be close. 

LOL

J.I. Burton Raiders @jibraiderslive 15s15 seconds ago

J.I. Burton Raiders Retweeted J.I. Burton Raiders

Correction, final 53-6 Raiders.

J.I. Burton Raiders added,

J.I. Burton Raiders @jibraiderslive
Final here in Twin Spring, 56-6, first win is a district win!! Raiders face off against Eastside next week at home!!
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Just now, UVAObserver said:

I'm sitting here giggling like a mental patient.  The Gate City and Bluefield fans would say I am one, and tonight, they'd be right.

I am too.  Fellow Hoo fan went outside thinking he heard trumpets of Jesus returning.

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

Listening to @Ryan4VT on Blacksburg's broadcast. They said Blacksburg fumbled the handoff and the ball popped back to the QB and he threw it to a Wr for a touchdown.

Blacksburg 49

Salem 12 

4:05 left 

It was a wild sequence lol. Grant handed it off to Mitchell (who is the son of VT secondary coach Brian Mitchell) who fumbled it before he crossed the line of scrimmage, it bounced off a foot and just landed dead 3 feet to the right of Grant. So he just picked it up and Babcock (also a son of a known VT figure) was literally wide open. Was the only player standing in the entire endzone. 

I just laughed as it happened because I didn’t know what else to do. Anything that could have, did go right for Blacksburg. And I loved EVERY. SINGLE. SECOND. 

Firm believer in things aren't ever as good as they appear or as bad.   In that vein,  Boise helped us out a lot tonight.  This isn't the Boise State that's going BCS busting like 10 years ago.  Still impressive and much needed road win.  I don't think Bronco is the next Lombardi or the next Old Salt for that matter but I do think he has a plan that will work if given the time and the talent.   Not sold on Anae at OC and the special teams are still a complete joke but I'll take this over the clown show that was Mike London everyday and twice on Sunday.

2 hours ago, EH31 said:

Blacksburg 49

Salem 12

FINAL

who would've thought this would be a blowout? 

Brb, gonna go check out the butt hurt Salem fans on VAPreps

My lord BB took off late last year and hasn't looked back. 1 early loss this season but they might just take the 4A this year. I've never seen Salem handled like this.

Just now, 02GW12 said:

My lord BB took off late last year and hasn't looked back. 1 early loss this season but they might just take the 4A this year. I've never seen Salem handled like this.

You should've been there. As a Richlands fan, I was as happy as a lark. Wished it could have been a bigger spread lol. 

It might have helped the Hoos some with Bronco being a former BYU guy and being very familiar with Boise State.  If I am not mistaken, BYU clipped Boise a couple times out that way under Bronco, and one of those wins for BYU was against one of the those BCS Busting-potential BCS type quality teams for Boise.  Perhaps this gave UVA an edge tonight.  That's a great win for Virginia on the road in an environment that has grown over the years and now actually has some serious fan noise.  No, Boise isn't the Bighouse or even Lane Stadium, but it has been a tough place to play at and get a win for visitors.  It's a very solid win for UVA and a step in the right direction.

7 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

It might have helped the Hoos some with Bronco being a former BYU guy and being very familiar with Boise State.  If I am not mistaken, BYU clipped Boise a couple times out that way under Bronco, and one of those wins for BYU was against one of the those BCS Busting-potential BCS type quality teams for Boise.  Perhaps this gave UVA an edge tonight.  That's a great win for Virginia on the road in an environment that has grown over the years and now actually has some serious fan noise.  No, Boise isn't the Bighouse or even Lane Stadium, but it has been a tough place to play at and get a win for visitors.  It's a very solid win for UVA and a step in the right direction.

You're right, it's harder to win in Boise! lol

Since like 2012 or something, I don't remember exactly what they said year wise but in the past couple years, the teams with the best home winning % are, in order, Bama, Clemson, then Boise.

10 hours ago, TTownTigers said:

Only Ohio State has a better home record than Boise State this century.  7th home loss for the Broncos since 2000.  This isn't a vintage Boise team, but they're a competitive Top 40-level squad.  

Very happy to finally have hope again in this sport.  Duke will be telling.  A win there, and a bowl becomes very likely.