Tazewell Bulldogs

maizenbluedoc

They haven't been that bad.  Made deep run in playoffs several years back and lost a heart breaker in regional championship in 2008.  Then the start of some very bad coaching hires.  This team, as I have stated in many other threads, is a very good team.  It's hard for freshmen and sophmores to go up against juniors and seniors.  I watch the line get pushed through by the bigger guys.  They are getting better every week.  Bluefield had some big players, but our O line actually held some and made time for passing to open up.  This team is getting better every week.  The combined loss record of all the teams we have lost to is two.  We have played some tough teams and the boys have matured, not given up, and played hard.  Our next five games are all at home and at least a few of them are very possibly a win.  When other teams are putting in their second string, which is the same age/size as our first string, we are able to handle them quite well.  This work should show off to the community and more players should come out next year and start this program back on the rise.

From what I've been hearing they are behind him and support the staff.  The community is very much behind them as well from what I can tell.  Hearing very minimal coaching complaining from the stands, which I know there will always be a touch of that.  This is the most I have seen community behind the team in a long time.  Good support from fans following to all the away games considering haven't been at home yet this year.  I think Bulldog stadium will be filled next week against Hurley.

I'd like to see more different teams myself.  I like that we picked up Ft Chiswell and Hurley this year even River View.  I would love to see Twin Valley, Bland, Ridgeview, Castlewood, Battle, Wise schools, or any of the Scott Co schools.  I know not a lot of powerhouses that I mentioned but relatively close.  Need a few easy ones while rebuilding and mix it up some.  If I'm not mistaken I think it's been roughly 8 yrs since we last played GC...

3 hours ago, stu_bean said:

I'd like to see more different teams myself.  I like that we picked up Ft Chiswell and Hurley this year even River View.  I would love to see Twin Valley, Bland, Ridgeview, Castlewood, Battle, Wise schools, or any of the Scott Co schools.  I know not a lot of powerhouses that I mentioned but relatively close.  Need a few easy ones while rebuilding and mix it up some.  If I'm not mistaken I think it's been roughly 8 yrs since we last played GC...

2010 was the last meeting between GC/Tazewell. Seems like yesterday though. 

Tazewell deserves a good team and that will come in due time. Their fans have always been loyal no matter the record.  Hope this team sticks together and their numbers go up as well.