Hurley at Tazewell

Onceadog

3 hours ago, Onceadog said:

What does everyone think about this game? The dogs, after 5 games away to start the season, head back home to take on the Hurley Rebels. Just wanted everyone's thoughts 

I really don't know.  Tazewell can score a little bit, and Hurley is but a shell of what they were last season.  I think Hurley wins, but if this game stays within a score into the 4th, it wouldn't be impossible for some magic to happen.

This is a toss up game for sure.

Tazewell beats Montcalm in a scrimmage

Hurley beats Montcalm

Tazewell beats Riverview

Hurley beats Riverview

Who knows. Tazewell has some play makers and they really don't quit playing. I've been impressed with the way they keep going for 4 quarters. If it is a close game in the 4th, Tazewell could pull it out. Covering Mullins is a tough task and if Blevins gets a little time to get him the ball.........

I hope the young Tazewell team can get some great fan support, it's the first home game for them after a tough 5 road game schedule.

14 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Not to look past Hurley, but the following week the Blue Naders come town with a good chance of having the same total of wins as the Dogs!

Yup...and would still be 4 TD favorites.

2 minutes ago, OLINE77 said:

I wouldnt be comparing yourselves to Richlands.  Montcalm and Riverview are nowhere close to Blacksburg and William Byrd 

Blacksburg will be ranked 2nd in 4A when rankings come out Monday. Byrd will be ranked 3rd. You find a 2A school around here not named Appomattox that wouldn't lose to those two. Oh, and we lost to Union when they were full strength. This schedule is KILLER. Not a team in this area not named Union that could do any better. 

1 hour ago, Bulldogs52 said:

And it's you guys that took my statement further than what it was intended... SMH Only thing I compared was the total of wins! Which in case could be great motivation for the youngs Dogs....  but you take it how ya want!

I've met great Richlands fans and terrible ones. Same for absolutely every school in SWVA.  Richlands is good, but a shell of their former self. But this is comparing Hurley as having the same record as Hampton. Doesn't really matter. I'm sorry friend. 

36 minutes ago, NewHampshireRed said:

I've met great Richlands fans and terrible ones. Same for absolutely every school in SWVA.  Richlands is good, but a shell of their former self. But this is comparing Hurley as having the same record as Hampton. Doesn't really matter. I'm sorry friend. 

Really? Nevermind not worth it!

18 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Not to look past Hurley, but the following week the Blue Naders come town with a good chance of having the same total of wins as the Dogs!

Or if Tazewell wins and Richlands loses to Bluefield then Tazewell could have a better record than Richlands when they meet. I'm sure that hasn't happened since 2008, right? 

I think Tazewell can pass on most teams, what they have a problem doing is running the ball and stopping the run. We all know that Tazewells chances of beating Richlands are slim to none.... but if they can win another 2 games this season that would be great for them in future years. I think this week it's going to come down to running the ball enough to keep Hurley honest... and stopping the run. Jordan and Mullins are always a threat to take the ball to the house, but Jamir has to have some kids up in the box. 

Tazewell is playing better every week.  I think they stand a good chance this week of pulling it out.  Not the same team that started the season and finally at home.

People want to jump all in on how hard Richlands schedule is, which it is very strong.  However look at the same W/L record of the teams that Tazewell has played as well...not the same caliber but still pretty strong competition as well.

On other topic, what does Hurley have this year to watch for?

52 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Tazewell is playing better every week.  I think they stand a good chance this week of pulling it out.  Not the same team that started the season and finally at home.

People want to jump all in on how hard Richlands schedule is, which it is very strong.  However look at the same W/L record of the teams that Tazewell has played as well...not the same caliber but still pretty strong competition as well.

On other topic, what does Hurley have this year to watch for?

Sykes is still their QB... other than that I really don't know.

On 9/23/2017 at 9:25 PM, Bulldogs52 said:

And it's you guys that took my statement further than what it was intended... SMH Only thing I compared was the total of wins! Which in case could be great motivation for the youngs Dogs....  but you take it how ya want!

Nader fans get a little testy. I knew what you were saying.