Any Podcast questions this week?

Ryan4VT

59 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

What kind of things are you looking for Ryan? I haven't got a chance to listen to the podcast yet. More current topics like this season or just general discussion stuff?

Best HS game you've ever attended? Most surprising upset you've seen in person? Biggest letdown?

Any question is a good one!  We've had some that range from talking about current events such as Turner's injury at Union all the way to what school would we attend if Richlands wasnt a school anymore lol. We welcome all questions! And we try to answer every one that we have a solid opinion base on.

With the growing economic problem in Southwest Virginia, would you be surprised to see a lot of school systems beginning to consolidate all schools into one? If they did, some schools would be 5A or higher. We know there could be some real messes regarding travel. In your opinion, what would be the biggest mess from an athletic standpoint?

Who are your top 5 teams all in their respective divisions across the state ONLY from 1A to 4A? For example, top 5 in 1A and so-forth.

I know this is a touchy subject... but it's a big deal. Talk about the differences in teams if no kids ever transferred. Richlands would be different, Graham would be different and Bluefield would be unreal. 

Im not complaining about it and I know it's going to happen... but what if it didn't. What would swva and bluefield look like then? 

Who is the most historically underachieving team in SWVA? 
My obvious answer is VHS given the athletes and facilities available and the two playoffs wins in 13 years

Also was going to ask a school consolidation question but trumpet1988 beat me to it haha

22 hours ago, V-Cats said:

Who is the most historically underachieving team in SWVA? 
My obvious answer is VHS given the athletes and facilities available and the two playoffs wins in 13 years

Also was going to ask a school consolidation question but trumpet1988 beat me to it haha

That one win tho...lol

14 hours ago, Battleborn said:

Why does Bluefield college suck so bad at football? 

Is coach newsome for Emory on the chopping block this year? 

1.  Three words... Dewey Freaking Lusk (although to be fair, they sucked before this year also)  

2.  After the debacle against Ferrum, if I was the AD, he would've been fired in the locker room after that game.

26 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

1.  Three words... Dewey Freaking Lusk (although to be fair, they sucked before this year also)  

2.  After the debacle against Ferrum, if I was the AD, he would've been fired in the locker room after that game.

Dewey Lusk has as many wins in Bluefield in 4 games as they did all of the last 2 years, I think. 

15 hours ago, Battleborn said:

Why does Bluefield college suck so bad at football? 

Give them credit, they are 1-3 and aren't losing as bad as they have been, only lost to Georgetown, KY by 11...they've lost to them by 68, 42, 17, 14, and 21 the past five years...

3 minutes ago, GMan said:

Give them credit, they are 1-3 and aren't losing as bad as they have been, only lost to Georgetown, KY by 11...they've lost to them by 68, 42, 17, 14, and 21 the past five years...

Yeah... Georgetown is one of the premier NAIA teams that's for sure.  Or used to be anyway.  Don't follow the NAIA level anymore really since UVa-Wise jumped to D2, and the AAC basketball tournament is no longer in Bristol.

But, I am an old grumpy man.  I don't give Dewey Lusk any credit for anything.  Maybe Bluefield just has some talent this year on the field.  Who knows?

2 hours ago, bgibb said:

Who has the better chance of knocking off Richlands and winning the SWD? Graham or Marion?

We'll have to save that for next week. Already recorded the pod and didn't see this one. But I'll make sure its in there for next week.

On 9/27/2017 at 0:55 PM, bgibb said:

Who has the better chance of knocking off Richlands and winning the SWD? Graham or Marion?

I see Graham as overall better team speed. But I like here this one.