Score updates - 9/29/17

GMan

18 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I missed those exact same 4.  SWVAGridiron will be the leader in the clubhouse, hitting Bluefield - 42.

Yeah, I had it at 45. It's going to come down to whatever headgear Corso chooses...lol.  

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Northside 31 - Galax 13

6:20 4th

1A team with no depth wearing down against a 3A team with 80 players. 

Crazy because the exact opposite happened in BSG. 2A Union wore down 4A MW. They were getting 4-5 yards a whack by the end of the game.

You'd think a team with 87 players would have some depth on the line.

2 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:

ummmmn... why???? they just scored a TD. Celebration punch????

Harris BIG run to the 1 and fumbles it back to Hurley

I don't think he was trying to punch, but he went to throw the ball at Tazewell player face and the ball slipped out and the hand upside the head it went. Probably jaw jacking going during that time for off setting penalties.

Just now, Bulldogs52 said:

I don't think he was trying to punch, but he went to throw the ball at Tazewell player face and the ball slipped out and the hand upside the head it went. Probably jaw jacking going during that time for off setting penalties.

Jaw Jacking?  Hurley ? I'm sure they will give Tazewell a friendly welcome at the Cleft next season. 

3 hours ago, rjhall71 said:

Marion 42

Lebanon 7

F

^Some wonky officiating in this one. 

Officials call a timeout for measurement, the ball appears to be pretty well short from the stands, but thoroughness is never a bad thing. Rather than bringing the chains to the football where it was spotted, they took the ball to the chains. Seriously, they pick up the football, carry it across the field, and sit it beside the first down marker, a full yard past the line to gain giving Lebanon a 4th down conversion.

Later in the game, Marion ran a play near the goal line, the runningback is tackled in the backfield, and the officials called it a tackle for a loss. However, Marion celebrates a touchdown, sirens go off, etc. The PAT unit runs on the field, only to run back off after they realize that it there wasn't a TD called. Then, an official comes over and has a conference with the official who ruled the play a tackle for a loss, and low and behold, the runningback never had the ball. The QB kept it to take it into the endzone for a TD, and the official who killed the play didn't even notice after he ended the play that the RB wasn't holding the ball. After a solid 60-90 seconds of conference, they give Marion the TD, and everyone in the stadium is confused.

You can't complain about it because it didn't effect the outcome of the game, but there were some weird things going on both ways in that one,

5 hours ago, Plywood_King said:

^Some wonky officiating in this one. 

Officials call a timeout for measurement, the ball appears to be pretty well short from the stands, but thoroughness is never a bad thing. Rather than bringing the chains to the football where it was spotted, they took the ball to the chains. Seriously, they pick up the football, carry it across the field, and sit it beside the first down marker, a full yard past the line to gain giving Lebanon a 4th down conversion.

Later in the game, Marion ran a play near the goal line, the runningback is tackled in the backfield, and the officials called it a tackle for a loss. However, Marion celebrates a touchdown, sirens go off, etc. The PAT unit runs on the field, only to run back off after they realize that it there wasn't a TD called. Then, an official comes over and has a conference with the official who ruled the play a tackle for a loss, and low and behold, the runningback never had the ball. The QB kept it to take it into the endzone for a TD, and the official who killed the play didn't even notice after he ended the play that the RB wasn't holding the ball. After a solid 60-90 seconds of conference, they give Marion the TD, and everyone in the stadium is confused.

You can't complain about it because it didn't effect the outcome of the game, but there were some weird things going on both ways in that one,

They sent their worst crew to that game because they knew it wouldn't matter...

8 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Crazy because the exact opposite happened in BSG. 2A Union wore down 4A MW. They were getting 4-5 yards a whack by the end of the game.

You'd think a team with 87 players would have some depth on the line.

I understand what you're saying but Galax has fewer than 26 players on the roster after a few injuries and a couple quit.  I feel certain Union has many more than that.  

Union at least has some depth, Galax has 16 freshmen and sophomores. Almost every starter plays both ways. 

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

I understand what you're saying but Galax has fewer than 26 players on the roster after a few injuries and a couple quit.  I feel certain Union has many more than that.  

Union at least has some depth, Galax has 16 freshmen and sophomores. Almost every starter plays both ways. 

True. And I know that Galax is a top notch program. Sounds like they gave Northside more than they wanted.

15 hours ago, Plywood_King said:

So....you are saying they got it right?

On 9/29/2017 at 11:48 PM, ValiantAardvark said:

I was waiting for the rebel whine. Hurley and Richlands have never lost a game that the refs  didn't come into play.  

I would guess you have been waiting for quite awhile. I haven't seen anyone on her complaining about  the Reff's until I did. Bad Reff's are bad, simple as can be said and they were terrible..

1 hour ago, honestjohn said:

I would guess you have been waiting for quite awhile. I haven't seen anyone on her complaining about  the Reff's until I did. Bad Reff's are bad, simple as can be said and they were terrible..

It's a shame they cost Hurley the game 

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

It's a travesty.  Those four TDs they took off the board against a team playing just 3 upperclassmen is a shining example of just how much the officials decide these games.

Hurley only plays 3 upperclassmen but this Friday there were 4 are various times but not the whole ballgame. The rest are 9th and 10th. 1 junior starts.