GC Football

who?

It is at its lowest peak ever....

the GC score is inacceptable...they have quit.  Both coaches and players.  Worst two weeks of football I have seen in over 40 years.  Pack it in....start the coaching search.  Somebody young, knowledgeable and who can relate and understand to todays players.  Same for AD....he has created most of this.    There is no argument.  This year's performances speak for themselves.

8 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

That would be a hard game to choose.

Doesn't sound like it would be... I've not seen GC but I've seen this Tazewell team, and those kids don't quit no matter the circumstance. The dogs have better days ahead of them and just beat a pretty good 1a football team with 21 kids dressed. 

Just now, Onceadog said:

Doesn't sound like it would be... I've not seen GC but I've seen this Tazewell team, and those kids don't quit no matter the circumstance. The dogs have better days ahead of them and just beat a pretty good 1a football team with 21 kids dressed. 

I would end up choosing Tazewell. Seems like they are slowly improving while GC is going backwards.

1 hour ago, who? said:

It is at its lowest peak ever....

the GC score is inacceptable...they have quit.  Both coaches and players.  Worst two weeks of football I have seen in over 40 years.  Pack it in....start the coaching search.  Somebody young, knowledgeable and who can relate and understand to todays players.  Same for AD....he has created most of this.    There is no argument.  This year's performances speak for themselves.

Barry Jones is available, he may curse a little

Gate City Football is dead and gone. I've attempted to articulate the issues that lead to its demise as well as provide realistic solutions. These efforts have been met with ridicule, confrontation, and open hostility. I'm as sick of talking about it as folks are of reading the posts. Bill Quillen, Brent Roberts, Mike Lane, and Chris Akers have the football program they deserve. I wouldn't be surprised if Roberts had the statue melted down for scrap.

Roll out the basketballs in GC.

The thing is... If GC would've kept up the passing game tonight, it could've turned into an offensive shootout of epic proportions. Cause we couldn't defend on the rare occasion GC threw the ball. I have seen the posts all season about the downfall of Gate City football but just didn't believe it until tonight when I saw it for myself. I feel for you guys. I hope you all can clip Central, but I'm not sure that is even a possibility at this point. 

I was at the game. Saw several GC kids playing their asses off. Also saw a bunch of our starters on the sidelines not dressed out. Looks like we lost another one for the year with a serious knee injury  

Truth is....they man handled us on both lines all night.....and we just do not have the overall talent to compete right now. Was the worst tackling performance I have ever seen from GC.  When you are so thin that your punter has to play on the d-line, you are in trouble  

Believe we had over 300 yards passing.  Not sure why we continued to try that fullback dive, or the sweeps.  Only chance we had to keep this game respectable was to go to a full spread, shotgun snap, and throw quick 5-7 yard passes with the occasional long throw and screen mixed in.

48 minutes ago, Great City said:

I was at the game. Saw several GC kids playing their asses off. Also saw a bunch of our starters on the sidelines not dressed out. Looks like we lost another one for the year with a serious knee injury  

Truth is....they man handled us on both lines all night.....and we just do not have the overall talent to compete right now. Was the worst tackling performance I have ever seen from GC.  When you are so thin that your punter has to play on the d-line, you are in trouble  

Believe we had over 300 yards passing.  Not sure why we continued to try that fullback dive, or the sweeps.  Only chance we had to keep this game respectable was to go to a full spread, shotgun snap, and throw quick 5-7 yard passes with the occasional long throw and screen mixed in.

You Gate City folks are hilarious.  I think your in denial right now.  If they had kept passing they would have been in it to the end.  You got beat 45-7.....45-7.  Sounds like grapeape has some insight.  Before this game I thought GC might finish 1-9, now I'm thinking Central game could go either way.  Hilarious!!!!!  Yeah, I think Coach Akers needs time, maybe 5 more years.

8 hours ago, Great City said:

Isn't it amazing that this sudden talent deficit occurs the same year GC has a 100% coaching turnover??? I mean, what an amazing coincidence!!! It's not as if any of the 5 GC teams that have finished under .500 since 1980 would beat this team 50-0. Poor Christopher. I hope the poor guy gets a lifetime contract.