Richlands @ Tazewell

Taz_Dawg61

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

Do you always get your material from high schoolers on Twitter? Cause that’s exactly where that came from....

Does it matter where it came from? Butt hurt much?

50 minutes ago, Dick_Vitale said:

Belong? Belong where? In the VHSL? if so, then you are correct. Neither RIchlands or Tazewell are very good. 

A lot of people doubted the dogs, thought Richlands would win by 40 etc. Tazewell played tough against a much larger team that had a 40 more kids than their 21. I think Richlands is better than what you think... and many people thought Tazewell would go 0-10 this year. I see the dogs winning 3, maybe even 4 games. Best of luck to both teams moving forward. 

Tazewell has great young talent and the prevailing thought is......look out, dynamite in 2 years.  There is also that underlying area of doubt in most Tazewell fan's minds (that they choose not to discuss or try to think about) that is.....even with the talent, are we coached well enough?  What if we have the talent (and we know we do and will in 2 years) but the coaching is not on par with the talent?  Let's let the genie out of the bottle.  You and I both know many of you think that way, and I haven't been to Tazewell, VA, in a long, long time, but I can guarantee it worries many Tazewell fans.  My points are this.....I am not calling your coaching staff out.  I am certainly not doubting your youthful talent and know they will be the real deal in 2 years, but your coaching staff is still unproven and this may not automatically translate into 7-3,8-2,9-1, or 10-0 in 2019.  Your kids are certainly proven as evidenced by the junior high dominance they had and this is a fact, but the equally important fact is....your coaching staff is not proven to be at a very, very high level yet.  Again, the keyword is yet, but one thing is for sure, it takes both to win.  If you don't believe it, go to Martinsville, VA and Buckingham County and Danville, VA and Halifax, County over the years, or the Washington DC area or the Eastern Coast of Virginia and you will see some talented football teams that go 3-7 all the time, yet  these teams have players in which 1 or 2 of them go Div 1 with another 2 playing small college.  Coaching also matters, and just because you have the coaching doesn't mean you are going to get the wins with talent alone.  The inverse is also true.  Richlands is the example this year.  Their coaches are proven and Mance is proven a great coach, but you have to have solid talent to get those W's, and not saying Richlands isn't talented because they are, but they are not more talented than a Blacksburg or William Byrd or Union this year by any means.

39 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

Tazewell has great young talent and the prevailing thought is......look out, dynamite in 2 years.  There is also that underlying area of doubt in most Tazewell fan's minds (that they choose not to discuss or try to think about) that is.....even with the talent, are we coached well enough?  What if we have the talent (and we know we do and will in 2 years) but the coaching is not on par with the talent?  Let's let the genie out of the bottle.  You and I both know many of you think that way, and I haven't been to Tazewell, VA, in a long, long time, but I can guarantee it worries many Tazewell fans.  My points are this.....I am not calling your coaching staff out.  I am certainly not doubting your youthful talent and know they will be the real deal in 2 years, but your coaching staff is still unproven and this may not automatically translate into 7-3,8-2,9-1, or 10-0 in 2019.  Your kids are certainly proven as evidenced by the junior high dominance they had and this is a fact, but the equally important fact is....your coaching staff is not proven to be at a very, very high level yet.  Again, the keyword is yet, but one thing is for sure, it takes both to win.  If you don't believe it, go to Martinsville, VA and Buckingham County and Danville, VA and Halifax, County over the years, or the Washington DC area or the Eastern Coast of Virginia and you will see some talented football teams that go 3-7 all the time, yet  these teams have players in which 1 or 2 of them go Div 1 with another 2 playing small college.  Coaching also matters, and just because you have the coaching doesn't mean you are going to get the wins with talent alone.  The inverse is also true.  Richlands is the example this year.  Their coaches are proven and Mance is proven a great coach, but you have to have solid talent to get those W's, and not saying Richlands isn't talented because they are, but they are not more talented than a Blacksburg or William Byrd or Union this year by any means.

The coach is 7 games in to his first season where although his team has been overmatched in every game they have came away with two wins and other competitive showings. 

Yeah, he's unproven. Rookie head coach. Don't think we needed a novel to realize that. But as someone that has daily contact with people in the tazewell community I can tell you that there isn't underlying gripes about the coaching. He's exceeding expectations and getting 100% effort out his kids every game. No need for anything else to be brought up and any more dead horses beat about Tazewell's past coaching/community involvement issues. 

LOL, a novel?  I already sense a little bit of worry with such a terse response.  I never called out your coach, just stated he was unproven, and he better be good because coaching and talent are the recipe for winning.  As for "beating a dead horse" about Tazewell's past coaching issues.  Those are your words.  I didn't bring that up.  I brought up one thing and one point....your coach is unproven and anytime there is an unproven coach, it causes worry or anxiety.  That's human nature.  Time will tell.  But, I hope some fans definitions of a good football coach aren't  Only described as you put it...."getting 100% effort out his kids every game."   That's a great tenet, but equally important, the kids need to get 100% out of their coaching staff every game.  This is more than the ole coach saying, "run through that brick wall for me" and the kids do it.  That's great, but it also means the x's and o's of football and that coach being able to match wits, align his defense, motion his offense against a guy like Mance, and it's that part that raises concern.  He's got the brick wall part down and that's good.  We will find out if he's got the x's and o part down.  I hope he does. One final point my friend.  One Tazewell poster mentioned in this thread about "people doubting the dogs."  He basically called some people out or doubters out of which I respect 100%.  But........with that means people actually get to respond back.  Therefore, your point about "no need for anything else to be brought up" is kind of not the way it should go, if a fellow Tazewell fan raises the issue first, correct?  So, if your point about "not need to bring anything else up" is true, then is should have been placed under the fellow Tazewell fan's post who "called out all the doubters."  I in fact, am a doubter of Tazewell football.  I don't trust it, sorry.

47 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

LOL, a novel?  I already sense a little bit of worry with such a terse response.  I never called out your coach, just stated he was unproven, and he better be good because coaching and talent are the recipe for winning.  As for "beating a dead horse" about Tazewell's past coaching issues.  Those are your words.  I didn't bring that up.  I brought up one thing and one point....your coach is unproven and anytime there is an unproven coach, it causes worry or anxiety.  That's human nature.  Time will tell.  But, I hope some fans definitions of a good football coach aren't  Only described as you put it...."getting 100% effort out his kids every game."   That's a great tenet, but equally important, the kids need to get 100% out of their coaching staff every game.  This is more than the ole coach saying, "run through that brick wall for me" and the kids do it.  That's great, but it also means the x's and o's of football and that coach being able to match wits, align his defense, motion his offense against a guy like Mance, and it's that part that raises concern.  He's got the brick wall part down and that's good.  We will find out if he's got the x's and o part down.  I hope he does. One final point my friend.  One Tazewell poster mentioned in this thread about "people doubting the dogs."  He basically called some people out or doubters out of which I respect 100%.  But........with that means people actually get to respond back.  Therefore, your point about "no need for anything else to be brought up" is kind of not the way it should go, if a fellow Tazewell fan raises the issue first, correct?  So, if your point about "not need to bring anything else up" is true, then is should have been placed under the fellow Tazewell fan's post who "called out all the doubters."  I in fact, am a doubter of Tazewell football.  I don't trust it, sorry.

Not my team, not my coach, not my town. Just said I have interactions with people in the Tazewell community frequently. You made a broad assumption that "there is also that underlying are of doubt in most Tazewell fans' minds ...are we coached well enough?" 

For someone to admit that they haven't been to Tazewell in a long time but then proceed to "guarentee" what Tazewell fans are thinking is a little far fetched, wouldn't you say? And if you truly feel that way then that means you are basing your opinion, or "guarantee", on the miscues of former coaches and the lack of support for those coaches shown in the community. 

Its fair to formulate an opinion that he may not be a great coach in 2-3 years. It's fair to not "trust" Tazewell's program, as many would agree it's been an embarrassment over the last 8 years. I just didn't understand why you, by your own admission an outsider, would take an observation that Tazewell has plenty of young talent and turn it into a post (future) questioning a coach when that's been such a sore spot for those kids. 

Also, I never said he was a good coach, great coach, bad coach, etc. I said that he's exceeded expectations this year and has 21 kids who have bought in to HIS system and are giving him maximum effort. On paper there was absolutely NO reason that Tazewell should've only been down 7 going into the 4th quarter against Richlands with only 20 healthy kids & the majority of them being 14, 15, & 16 years old. Maybe he does know some X's & O's to be able to have a gameplan that gave his team a chance to win late in the game? But the most important part was the Dedication, effort, & unity that was shown. That was what got Tazewell through the mental block of being scared after being blown out by their rival for 8 years, to taking them to the 4th qt in a one possesion game.  He's won the trust of the kids which is 100% the first step in building a successful program, and if you don't believe that then go back and read one of the 300 threads about Gate City that have been made this season.

There will be more bodies out next year and the year after. Another group of good athletes will move up and more will come out from the halls and the baseball field. Tazewell won't be doubted as much then and the X's and O's will be important then to take the next step. But like I mentioned, he's passed the first test. 

Whether you didn't mean to question the coach or not it will come off that you intentionally did due to the coaching history there. Like I said, it's a sore spot that these kids don't deserve to have brought up all the time. So if you wanna have this conversation a year from now, then be my guest, but please understand how silly it is to be bright up at this point in the coach's first season. Because right now Tazewell has a lot to be proud of and to look forward to. 

Sorry for writing the sequel to your novel. 

9 hours ago, TTownTigers said:

Mance is proven, his staff is proven, too bad he got rid of his best coaching asset. Richlands has much tougher schedule than Tazewell by far &  a much larger experienced roster. Tazewell did well holding them to 7 until 4th quarter. I'd say they just wore down with so many having to play both sides. Great game for Tazewell even though score doesn't reflect it. 

11 hours ago, EH31 said:

Surprised of what? 

That's not the future outlook. Statistics and a talent shift will disprove that. 

I'm being to think you like me EH, because you quote me on everything. I can feel the love thx.

Tazewell fans have been stay the samething for the last 14 years, that's this is the year we beat Richlands. Someone on here said this about another team and I can not remember who it was but going to use it.

Until Tazewell can get Richlands out of their heads, they will not beat the Blues. Just my opinion 

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Mance is proven, his staff is proven, too bad he got rid of his best coaching asset. Richlands has much tougher schedule than Tazewell by far &  a much larger experienced roster. Tazewell did well holding them to 7 until 4th quarter. I'd say they just wore down with so many having to play both sides. Great game for Tazewell even though score doesn't reflect it. 

Who is this best coaching asset that Mance got rid of? This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen this posted here. Sorry, I'm not in the loop and know. I'm pretty sure Mance can handle his staff the way he wants to and I'm pretty sure Mance knows what's best for his staff. So, do tell...

1 hour ago, Gil'sBlues said:

I'm being to think you like me EH, because you quote me on everything. I can feel the love thx.

Tazewell fans have been stay the samething for the last 14 years, that's this is the year we beat Richlands. Someone on here said this about another team and I can not remember who it was but going to use it.

Until Tazewell can get Richlands out of their heads, they will not beat the Blues. Just my opinion 

Nope, I don't like you. I just really enjoy highlighting when people make wrong statements. So if you think I quote you a lot then what does that say? 

11 hours ago, BigRV said:

Who is this best coaching asset that Mance got rid of? This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen this posted here. Sorry, I'm not in the loop and know. I'm pretty sure Mance can handle his staff the way he wants to and I'm pretty sure Mance knows what's best for his staff. So, do tell...

I think he is talking about D.Palmer.  Ronnie does a good job,  the issue this year ( and the Defense has not been bad)  is that we lost Justice before the season and we are just not as talented this year in the back end of the D.  Not much speed to speak of and not much experience back there either.  The offense has struggled a lot this season,  mostly because we don't have the big play maker because of a lack of speed so because of that the D has been on the field a lot.  But Ronnie is doing a good job.

Everyone talks about how the Tazewell players play hard and don't give up...........and all that is very true and it looks like the dogs future is very bright indeed,  but the blues also play hard and don't give up,  but that is expected of them.

The Tazewell fans have a lot to be proud of with this young team !

This may be a down year for Richlands compared to the last 15 or 20 years because of a lack of speed and a tough schedule,   but it is still a good team and it happens to every program at some point,  but the boys will continue to get better.  It looks like Tazewell Co football is getting back to where it should be,  which is more balanced with all 3 teams.

2 hours ago, Gil'sBlues said:

I have seen Tazewell play twice this year, against Graham and Bluefield. Despite being severely overmatched, neither time did I think Tazewell was intimidated. I didn't see the game last night, but if the score was 7-0 in the fourth quarter it doesn't sound like Tazewell was intimidated by Richlands last night. The young Bulldogs seem to have a belief in themselves. Hopefully they can stick together and it works out forbthem. What you are saying does have some merit though, Graham hasn't been able to get over the hump against Richlands and until you beat a team you will always have doubts. Looking forward to seeing that game.

9 hours ago, EH31 said:

Nope, I don't like you. I just really enjoy highlighting when people make wrong statements. So if you think I quote you a lot then what does that say? 

I have never put a wrong statement on here first off, just put my opinions like everyone else does. Get over yourself 

13 hours ago, Gil'sBlues said:

Still a lot of football to be played and it's high school football, you never know what will happen. 

Oh this is high school football we’re talking about? Well I’ll be!!!!! Y’all need to take them Blue goggles off and step back and take good look, because all you have is a big O and D line but no speed, no wr’s, no playmakers! Come on back with a reply about my Bulldogs, I’ll be waiting!!!!!

Richlands is in  the grow mode as far as offense. If you look at the experience this year vs last year you could see.  We had receivers with two, three, and four years of experience last year, pretty sure Chase played as a freshman.  Of the receivers this year they look to be mostly first year with the two most experienced not playing against Tazewell.   Last year you had a two time all state quarterback? This year we have a first year starter, given time he will be very good. 

We have always had a schedule that allowed us to grow, learn and adapt thru the season.  With 4A schools stacked up front we taken that away.  I still can't get over Blacksburg beating Salem as they did. 

11 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Oh this is high school football we’re talking about? Well I’ll be!!!!! Y’all need to take them Blue goggles off and step back and take good look, because all you have is a big O and D line but no speed, no wr’s, no playmakers! Come on back with a reply about my Bulldogs, I’ll be waiting!!!!!

Haha, well don't have any goggles on but I bleed blue and that will never change. The blues are not as they have been. 

About our wr's, and playmakers. Well looks like those playmakers and wr's showed up against the pups. 

I have nothing bad to say about Tazewell. They are young and they will get better, but it's going to take time

15 hours ago, Gil'sBlues said:

I have never put a wrong statement on here first off, just put my opinions like everyone else does. Get over yourself 

Statements, opinions, predictions.. whatever you wanna call em. Most RHS fans have been reasonable this year when talking about the blues, but I don't know about you and the SethJohnson4Heisman guy. I think I'd back off a little bit if I was continuously wrong, but you do you man.