Here it is Union at Lee High

Vol Hater

12 hours ago, BearDawg said:

I love white helmets. But in some situations, they don’t work. I saw Lee on the highlights Friday in their road whites and the white helmets looked great!  But when they are at home, they don’t really flow well with the red and gold. Not as bad as the Darren reed helmets at Central his last year that had side decals, a center stripe and a rear decal. If lee had two sets of helmets like richlands then they would be good to go. The Gold helmets looked best I thought for Lee. 

Unions original helmets were some of the best white helmets ive seen. Just fantastic looking with the Navy/Orange U logo

The general rule ive come up with is that the helmets have to have all of the colors that are going to be used in the uniform. If the unis have gold but the helmets don't it will look weird.

1 hour ago, redtiger said:

Unions original helmets were some of the best white helmets ive seen. Just fantastic looking with the Navy/Orange U logo

The general rule ive come up with is that the helmets have to have all of the colors that are going to be used in the uniform. If the unis have gold but the helmets don't it will look weird.

Agreed. Was a big fan of the white Union helmets. 

So, I had a couple of Lee fans, one who is a friend of mine and one who just follows me on social media message me yesterday and are very upset over the unionbearslive tweet of the picture showing Lee brings a My Little Pony lunchbox to work.

So, now Lee is mad.  I, on the other hand, thought it was hilarious and cute.  Lol.  Even if that had been said to Ridgeview, I probably still would've laughed.  

Rivalries are awesome.  Hope it's a good one down at 5 star tonight.

37 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

So, I had a couple of Lee fans, one who is a friend of mine and one who just follows me on social media message me yesterday and are very upset over the unionbearslive tweet of the picture showing Lee brings a My Little Pony lunchbox to work.

So, now Lee is mad.  I, on the other hand, thought it was hilarious and cute.  Lol.  Even if that had been said to Ridgeview, I probably still would've laughed.  

Rivalries are awesome.  Hope it's a good one down at 5 star tonight.

Operation butthurt is in full swing. I loved the pic. Remember back I. The 90’s and so one when the cheerleaders signs talked smack?  Has your buddy ever called Central “Walmart Warriors”?  If so, call him out of his hypocrisy.  Some central kids posted a pic of roadkill bear before the union/central 7/8 grade game. Well played Central. My God people. It’s a kids game. Unless he really takes a my little pony lunchbox to work ?.  Let Lee get mad. As long as both teams play clean and hard, so be it. 

9 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

Operation butthurt is in full swing. I loved the pic. Remember back I. The 90’s and so one when the cheerleaders signs talked smack?  Has your buddy ever called Central “Walmart Warriors”?  If so, call him out of his hypocrisy.  Some central kids posted a pic of roadkill bear before the union/central 7/8 grade game. Well played Central. My God people. It’s a kids game. Unless he really takes a my little pony lunchbox to work ?.  Let Lee get mad. As long as both teams play clean and hard, so be it. 

I call Central Walmart Warriors all the time.  Lol

I raised an eyebrow at the picture but I don’t think it was out of line. My thoughts were “Lee fans will not like that.” It’s a meme created by a Union fan. 

If you make light of abuse, people with special needs or any disabilities, disasters, racism (white on black or vice versa), or anything like that in an attempt to talk smack then it’s way out of line and I will call you out. 

I have seen a lot of things that are way out of line from many different fan bases from VHSL to NCAA to NFL.

A little bit of smack talk like the lunch box is funny.  

Lee had the perfect game plan in the 1st half on defense. Much credit to them for that. I think they by far were the best defensive team Union has faced. I think Lee made it more clear that the Bears will have to come up with something resembling a passing game to make a deep playoff run. The Bears just were to tough and I think Lee just wore down in the 2nd half. But holy cow, how good is the Union defense? With the exception of a deep pass that was tipped and the Wr made a good play I bet Lee was under 100 yds of offense. 

On another note, it was a well played game. Nothing got dirty or chippy that I could see. Nothing better than rivals going at it but respecting each other in the process. 

Best wishes to the young man from Lee that was injured!!

36 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

First Downs: U 13, L 4; Rushes-Yards: U 47-200, L 25-14; Passing Yards: U 22, L 81; Comp.-Att.-Int.: U 4-8-0, L 4-8-1; Fumbles-Lost: U 0-0, L 1-1; Penalties-Yards: U 9-75, L 6-60; Punts-Average: U 4-32.5, L 6-26.8

That Union defense never fails to impress me

Tip of the cap to Lee. They done their homework in film and came out prepared. We came out flat. Seven penalties in the first qtr killed a couple possible drives. But that’s football. Our defense was stellar as usual. Gave up 95 yards of offense, with 61 coming on a busted play. Lee has speed for days people. And size too help. Job well done. The U earned that win in the second half. 

And my families hearts sunk when we heard heard the news about josh tritt possibly having a broken neck (I have no verification on this. Prayers are continuing).  Brought back a lot of memories from last year with my son. Not to mention he was the one to tell us. ??

56 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

That Union defense never fails to impress me

They have been stellar! Even with all the miscues, this same Lee team put up 477 yards of offense on Ridgeview(according to Ridgeview's Hudl), and I think the Wolfpack has a good team. Outside of the 61 yard pass, Lee had less than 35 yards of offense. That's amazing.

I also have to give a lot of credit to the D coaching staff for their stunt and blitz packages along with their ability to make adjustments. 

Update on Josh Tritt, the injured Lee High General from last nights game...
It appears Josh is going to be fine. The CT scan looked good and will be followed with a MRI. He’s “sore” and in a brace but thankfully it looks like God was with us on Legion Field and Josh will heal. 
Continue to pray for all our athletes as they participate in events

FROM unions Facebook page

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

They have been stellar! Even with all the miscues, this same Lee team put up 477 yards of offense on Ridgeview(according to Ridgeview's Hudl), and I think the Wolfpack has a good team. Outside of the 61 yard pass, Lee had less than 35 yards of offense. That's amazing.

I also have to give a lot of credit to the D coaching staff for their stunt and blitz packages along with their ability to make adjustments. 

Coach Rhodes has been absolutely amazing this year. I've seen Tanner Kennedy come off the field and tell Rhodes what defense to run as well. ???