Marion at Gate City

Canes00

54 minutes ago, sup_rbeast said:

For some reason, I think this game will be tighter than expected.  14 point spread at most.

I'd like to see them keep it close for the kids who haven't quit but unless Marion is overrated its gonna get ugly

4 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Remember though that Grayson had Glenvar tied up at 7 at halftime. Glenvar did have a lot of turnovers but Grayson hung with them for 2 and a half quarters. But I have only seen Marion play once and that was last year against Giles so I don't really know much about that program. 

Grayson's not done giving teams headaches. They forced five turnovers against Marion as well. They're very stout on defense and run a ball control offense. You heard it here first folks, Grayson will beat someone that they shouldn't before the season's over.

17 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I'd like to see them keep it close for the kids who haven't quit but unless Marion is overrated its gonna get ugly

It may very well get ugly...but I can see a scenario where GC tries to run off tackle and shorten the game (best situation for them at this point) which would keep the score closer than many are envisioning it will be. The other thing is that I don’t see a win over a top flight team this year. I know they beat GW and Chilhowie, but I’m just not convinced that either of those teams are much above average this year. In 1A I think both will do well, but I’m not certain that either would stack up well agaisnt an above average 2A this year. I think Marion wins, I’m just skeptical of a few things is all.

44 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I don't know if Marion is legit or not, but their games against VHS, Graham, and Richlands will tell the tale. I'll reserve my judgment until then.

Good observation unlike some people on here. Marion has a good team I don't know if we can play with the big boys or not but like you said we'll see in the next few weeks 

54 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Akers dumbassery strikes again! We need to fire him NOW! He is no coach! 

As we're getting our blue hind ends beat I read this post, look up, & see you up there, and I'm inspired...

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,

Humpty Dumpty talked smack on his brothers team as they lost the ball

All the devils x's and all the devils o's Couldn't believe their family was so bitter and old

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,

Humpty Dumpty would help everyone if he had a big fall

All the devils x's and all the devils o's Couldn't put Humpty together again.

They tried to tell him he should help the team

They tried to tell him to stand in the tunnel

They even tried to remind him his little brother was on he field 

Nothing couldn't stop him from thumb sucking leaning up against the wall. 

I posted this on the score thread.  This is the first time in the history of Gate City High School that we have started 0-7.  I'm not talking about Shoemaker High and the 0-10 season in the early 50's, but since Gate City High formed in the mid 50's, I don't think we've ever started 0-7.  I know Coach Fry had a couple of 2-8's and maybe even a 1-9 early on in his career, but I don't think those were 0-7 starts either.  Another......"new first" for this 2017 Gate City regime.   The 2015 season was started as an 0-6 season if I recall correctly, but we got the W.  Tonight's game was statistically more meaningful, at least historically, than some may realize for Gate City.  Hopefully Bluefield Researcher can check this, but I think 0-7 is actually a first time (another new record) in school history (this season).

15 minutes ago, Grapeape said:

Nm, tired talking about it. 

Well, no need to talk about it, but..........we actually have never talked about it because, lol, as I mentioned a few minutes ago........this is the first time it's happened to Gate City High School.