Richlands at Marion

Canes00

3 minutes ago, Plywood_King said:

The most underrated and overlooked food in SWVA. Nothing against the Dip Dog, but if I'm in Seven Mile Ford with an appetite, Little's is always my first choice. Best damn cheeseburger I've ever had.

Hmmmm... I've been known to make the 40 mile drive from work on my lunch break to go to Dip Dog and back.  And you're telling me there's something else in Seven Mile Ford to try?  Wow...  :D

Just now, swva_havok_fan said:

Hmmmm... I've been known to make the 40 mile drive from work on my lunch break to go to Dip Dog and back.  And you're telling me there's something else in Seven Mile Ford to try?  Wow...  :D

Heck yeah man! If you were to take the Seven Mile Ford I-81 exit, head west on route 11 like you're going back to Chilhowie, and it's maybe a mile from the exit on the right. A two story brick building on the right just before you get to Seven Mile Ford Equipment Company.

As with every roadside burger joint, you've got to be prepared for some health code violations, but at least they cook it in from of you so you know what you're getting. As best as I can tell, it's all fresh produce on the burger (they sell homegrown tomatoes and whatnot there), and legitimately the best hamburger patty I've ever had. A lot of folks swear by their hot dogs as well, but while I don't hate them, I'd rather get a burger while I'm there.

2 hours ago, stu_bean said:

I would have to say King Kone is equal to if not a touch better than the Dip Dog...

It’s close. I love mustard, so a Dip Dog rolled in Mustard is just about heaven to me. Lol. 

15 minutes ago, local_insight said:

Richlands D is much stronger than Marion has seen. Richlands takes this one. Also good news is Justice will be back before playoffs (if we get there)

Seriously? Typically that type of injury with surgery takes a minimum of 4 months to heal

It was a great game and Richlands is much better than their record indicates. Their early strength of schedule is starting to show through and it's obvious that they have been baptized by fire.

That 50+ yard game winner from Wyatt to Medley will be talked about in Hurricane Country for a long time.

I will say this about Marion: this is far from the most talented team Marion has fielded. The 2014 team, athlete to athlete would have run train on them. However, I have never in my life (with the exception of maybe the '01 team that made it the state semis) seen a Marion team with more heart, more of a will to succeed, than this team. Most of these players have been playing heavily since they were sophomores. They saw their dream team go up in smoke when Richlands came to town in 2014, they endured a 1-9 season the next year, saw a bounce back season last year that ended the worst way they could have imagined, and now they're 8-0 for the first time in 30 years. They've endured personal tragedy after personal tragedy, taken their lumps, learned how to win when the deck is stacked against them, and they are willing to do whatever it takes to get to 10-0. They're 8-0 now, but if they don't win another game this season, I couldn't be any more proud of them.

1 minute ago, Plywood_King said:

It was a great game and Richlands is much better than their record indicates. Their early strength of schedule is starting to show through and it's obvious that they have been baptized by fire.

That 50+ yard game winner from Wyatt to Medley will be talked about in Hurricane Country for a long time.

I will say this about Marion: this is far from the most talented team Marion has fielded. The 2014 team, athlete to athlete would have run train on them. However, I have never in my life (with the exception of maybe the '01 team that made it the state semis) seen a Marion team with more heart, more of a will to succeed, than this team. Most of these players have been playing heavily since they were sophomores. They saw their dream team go up in smoke when Richlands came to town in 2014, they endured a 1-9 season the next year, saw a bounce back season last year that ended the worst way they could have imagined, and now they're 8-0 for the first time in 30 years. They've endured personal tragedy after personal tragedy, taken their lumps, learned how to win when the deck is stacked against them, and they are willing to do whatever it takes to get to 10-0. They're 8-0 now, but if they don't win another game this season, I couldn't be any more proud of them.

Going to be a humdinger in the finale of Marion gets past VHS.

Wow what a game I'm proud of the Canes they never quit, and I wanna give Richlands defense some credit you guys did a really good job against Ford. He had to earn every yard tonight I'm just tickled we finally got a win against you guys it might be awhile before it happens again lol

On 10/11/2017 at 2:12 PM, jeffab20 said:

Been awhile since I've been on but I thank Marion will win a close game Richlands has been a thorn in our sides for years but Marions team this year has no quit in them 17 to 21 Marion in a close one

22-18 final! I think you win the prize.