Ridgeview @ John Battle

Battleborn

2 minutes ago, 50kw said:

Nobody's talking about Battle. 

JSB 35

Ridgeview 28

I have been. Have put them in my top 10 the last 2 weeks. They are very capable of winning 7 games and climbing into the 4 seed for the playoffs. I'm giving home field advantage being the difference in this one. It will be a good game between 2 good football teams.

JSB 34

RV 24

Off week came at a good time for us.  Wished Mullins would have still been in the Central lineup when Battle played them Friday night, so there could be a comparison because you can't deny they're an entirely different team without him under center.  We beat them with Mullins under center soundly.  Battle beat them without him under center soundly.  I'm going with the Pack in a close one.  A blocked XP makes the difference:

Wolfpack 28, Trojans 27

Is ridgeview primarly a run team or do they throw it around? I remember a wide reciever from last year that was very good im not sure if he graduated or not but if he didint i couldent see them not getting him the ball as much as possible 

15 minutes ago, Battleborn said:

Is ridgeview primarly a run team or do they throw it around? I remember a wide reciever from last year that was very good im not sure if he graduated or not but if he didint i couldent see them not getting him the ball as much as possible 

They have a couple good backs, including a good youngster. They run more than they throw, or at least AFAIK.

13 hours ago, Battleborn said:

Yes, more run than pass... but definitely more a mixed bag this year than in years past.  Sproles and Adkins are the backs and either are capable of taking it to the house on carries or special teams.  At receiver they still have Hensley and Counts as well as Carroll from last year, although Carroll didn't have his coming out party till after the Battle game last year.  Against Grundy last year he had 4 TD's receiving.  QB is still Mullins.  We pretty much have everyone back from last year with just the Freshman Adkins added to the mix, just more of a mixed bag in the play calling department.

7 minutes ago, bristol8434 said:

Battle has faced Abingdon and Va High, was leading at Abingdon until injuries bit them in the second half. I'll say Battle wins tonight 35-20 another big night for the Trojans

after last night I don’t think using Virginia high as a measuring stick is a great idea. Especially since battle lost to them by 21 points 

2 hours ago, Grapeape said:

It will be a blowout no one saw coming vis-a`-vis Virginia / Graham, just with a better outcome for the Bristol boys. 

Battle 45

Ridgeview 7

Sour "grapes" (pun intended) after that ass kicking a couple of weeks ago?  Wow, dude... all those beatdowns you've been getting, you probably need to get your head examined...