VHS @ Graham; Thursday Night Edition

Bearcat Dad

The Bearcats got just the dogfight out of Abingdon they needed before heading to Graham. This is the first time since 2002 that VHS has started 5-1. The Cats are enjoying being questioned/doubted by most on a weekly basis. With that said, this will be, without a doubt, the Cats' toughest opponent of the regular season to date. I may be thinking with my heart, instead of my head, but I believe VHS pulls the upset for the 2nd week in a row in a very physical, close game.

VHS 24

Graham 21

19 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Lol no. What makes you think any team is gonna beat VHS by five TDs? That's silly. 

I think Graham wins by 7-14, but 35 is laughable. 

We’re not able to have opinions on this board anymore or what? 

6 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Absolutely. You gave your opinion, I gave mine that your prediction was ridiculous. Both posts were sharing opinions. 

honestly if you think it’s laughable then the jokes on you. Va high best team ever would struggle against our worst team ever.  So that’s why I made the prediction I did. Stats show we always put up a lot of points against Va High

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Lol no. What makes you think any team is gonna beat VHS by five TDs? That's silly. 

I think Graham wins by 7-14, but 35 is laughable. 

It is more realistic that Graham wins by 35 than Graham losing this game.  I too think it'll be a 14-point win or something in that neighborhood, but Graham is one goal line fumble away from being the #1 team in SWVA.

1 hour ago, GMan said:

Are you drunk or nucking futs???  V-High has beaten Graham many times over the years and they are very capable of doing it again this season.

Nah I’m just talking a little sh**. I know they have beaten graham over the years but I like looked at the games with va high since 2000. Graham puts up a lot of points on them. Even our BAD teams put up a lot of points. That’s all I’m saying. 

V High is super deep and really big up front. Graham is a little more athletic. It's gonna come down to qb play and if taymon can get loose. I will say this though, Grahams depth hurt them some late in the season last year. The kids coming off the field with hands on hips and worn down. It'll be interesting to see this year with the bulk of their more challenging games here at the end of their schedule. 

Graham 28 Vhigh 21

3 hours ago, Onceadog said:

V High is super deep and really big up front. Graham is a little more athletic. It's gonna come down to qb play and if taymon can get loose. I will say this though, Grahams depth hurt them some late in the season last year. The kids coming off the field with hands on hips and worn down. It'll be interesting to see this year with the bulk of their more challenging games here at the end of their schedule. 

Graham 28 Vhigh 21

This is more realistic!

8 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

It is more realistic that Graham wins by 35 than Graham losing this game.  I too think it'll be a 14-point win or something in that neighborhood, but Graham is one goal line fumble away from being the #1 team in SWVA.

Have you saw VHS play? They're a very good team. I don't see any team beating them by 35 points unless they totally implode. I think you're severely underestimating VHS. I think Graham is probably best team in Region D right now, but VHS is top 4 as well.

Serious questions for all of the Graham fans on here;

I know you guys may have the most complete team in our region. I knew about Cooke and Vineyard being studs before the season started. But, I've been watching film of the Lebanon game today, and I can see SOME comparisons to Appo last year, as I got to see them live in the 1st round of the playoffs. Do you guys seriously have that many studs(O-Line, skills, entire D)? Or, should I watch some different film from Lebanon because of their lack of talent, to get a better feel for where you guys stand? I know what Lebanon's record is, but I have not seen a single play of theirs this season, because we do not play them until after we play you guys.

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Serious questions for all of the Graham fans on here;

I know you guys may have the most complete team in our region. I knew about Cooke and Vineyard being studs before the season started. But, I've been watching film of the Lebanon game today, and I can see SOME comparisons to Appo last year, as I got to see them live in the 1st round of the playoffs. Do you guys seriously have that many studs(O-Line, skills, entire D)? Or, should I watch some different film from Lebanon because of their lack of talent, to get a better feel for where you guys stand? I know what Lebanon's record is, but I have not seen a single play of theirs this season, because we do not play them until after we play you guys.

Thanks!

I believe that Union may be more "complete" due to their mental toughness and execution.  I would watch different film of both teams for an accurate gauge on their abilities.  For Graham: Giles would be the first tape I watch.  Giles is a quality 2C team whose style is not well suited for Graham, and is a good contrast.

28 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I believe that Union may be more "complete" due to their mental toughness and execution.  I would watch different film of both teams for an accurate gauge on their abilities.  For Graham: Giles would be the first tape I watch.  Giles is a quality 2C team whose style is not well suited for Graham, and is a good contrast.

I got to see Union at full strength, and if not for Turner's injury, I would be in complete agreement. They still haven't lost, so I still consider them the #1 ranked team in the region. I just said Graham "may" be the most complete team, because it seems like they have playmakers everywhere, in all 3 phases. To me, Union relies HEAVILY on Mitchell and that very, very stout front 7 on D. Not that Union doesn't have other good players, I've sang that team's praises since the benefit game. But, I see your point too.

As far as film goes, I figured watching the Giles or Bluefield film would give a better indication, but I was just curious if Lebanon is just that bad. Watching that film, Graham looks like they could do anything they wanted, at anytime they wanted. Our opponent after Graham is Lebanon and I was hoping to get an honest assessment of both Graham and Lebanon, from a Graham fan. I do appreciate your input though. I like to hear different takes from fans of different teams. Thanks!

Graham will be tough for any team on their schedule at Mitchell Stadium. The Bearcats will give them  some anxious moments , but the Gmen will prevail. Graham has to travel to Ernie the next week and while I won't predict a win for Richlands they will know they have played a team with a lot of pride and grit.

19 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Thanks!

If you do watch this game, keep in mind #3 is out for the season now.

this graham team is good, but no where near the level of Appo last year. I think the beat down of Lebanon was due to Coach Palmer being publically unhappy about the way that graham played against Princeton, as well as Lebanon not having anyone close to matching the athleticism of Cooke/Allen/Lester. 

4 minutes ago, EH31 said:

If you do watch this game, keep in mind #3 is out for the season now.

this graham team is good, but no where near the level of Appo last year. I think the beat down of Lebanon was due to Coach Palmer being publically unhappy about the way that graham played against Princeton, as well as Lebanon not having anyone close to matching the athleticism of Cooke/Allen/Lester. 

Will do...I will definitely watch it, I'm sort of a film junkie! Lol

I didn't truly figure that Graham(or anyone else in our region) would be on par with Appo from last year, that's just what the Lebanon film reminded me of. Thanks for some clarification on that game. What you described, makes sense.

I'm hoping, for the Bearcats' sake, that they are competitive throughout this game. I'm definitely sticking with my prediction of an upset, but it will take their best effort of the season so far. Both Abingdon and Tn High have good speed and athleticism, but this one looks to be our toughest test to date.

If I'm Virginia High I run the ball until Graham stops me. I think Graham is better in the back half of their defense than the front 7. I don't think they're weak in the front 7.. but I think their secondary is really talented. Vineyard is a great LB but overall I think the secondary is their strength. Plus up front Virginia High is just BIG. I think their best chance to win this game is to keep the ball out of Allen, Lester, and Cooke's hands. I was impressed with Virginia High's depth at RB and their QB actually reminds me of Ben Meade, Grahams qb last year. Should be a good one Thursday.